Discussion: Biden's Allies Launch Super PAC — He Says He 'Does Not Welcome' Its Support

“does not welcome” meaning “I reject that” or “I’ll turn a blind eye to that, you guys go ahead”?
I have no comment on super PAC but the ambiguous phrasing drives me mad.

7 Likes

By law, candidates have no control over what others do in forming or operating Super PACs.

5 Likes

“This puts Biden in a tight spot, as most of his Democratic competitors have pledged not to accept big PAC money.”

What does that mean? PACs can’t donate to individual candidates.

3 Likes

The report is kind of confusing. I think those who pledged not to take big PAC money meant that they wouldn’t accept donations from corporations.

2 Likes

Awkward.

1 Like

Just say “no”. What’s with the, “he doesn’t welcome it”?

but the ambiguious phrasing drives me mad.

Super Baby, everything’s SUUUPPPER!

Glad I’m not the only one.

1 Like

LOL! thunder puts out a post yesterday (from Biden camp) … everybody look! … average donation (Biden) only $40!
Good old working class Joe!

“Vice President Biden does not welcome assistance from SuperPACs,” Biden communications director Kate Bedingfield told The Hill.

Some communication director.

1 Like

Here’s some support Joe welcomes: :grimacing:

Can he refuse the money?

Where’s Joe’s right hand at? Why’s Meagan smiling (been a while my guess).

2 Likes

Allies of former Vice President Joe Biden have launched a super PAC called “For the People”

Seriously? Ripping off Kamala Harris’ campaign slogan? I know it’s not exactly a unique phrase but come on…

Regular PACs can donate to candidates, but only up to $5000 (a corporation itself can’t donate, so saying you won’t take corporate PAC money is a way of saying you won’t accept corporate donations, although of course the executives still can). SuperPACs can’t donate, but can still run their own ads in support as long as they don’t coordinate. Not a well-written article confusing the two.

7 Likes

“For Certain People” would have at least been honest. Running on the Elitist ticket? Why not.

He’s been a politician for 50 years. It’s an instinct for an Old School politician like Joe to avoid giving a direct statement, when keeping things ambiguous might be to his advantage.

1 Like

That was my thought too.

1 Like

Another one of those things Joe has no control of. It happens a lot with him.

4 Likes

Whatever, Joe

Except the quote is from the PAC dude, not the campaign.

1 Like

“This puts Biden in a tight spot, as most of his Democratic competitors have pledged not to accept big PAC money.”

Doing what everyone else is doing somehow effects him differently? Explain yourself or check your bias.

1 Like