Discussion: Biden Says He Once Told Putin: 'I Don't Think You Have A Soul'

Discussion for article #225321

I was watching TV coverage of the Ukraine/Malaysian Air mess yesterday and it suddenly struck me:

Next time you see footage of Putin, notice how little he ever looks directly into a camera or at the person he is speaking to. His eyes are constantly averted.

I dunno if that signifies anything about it, but it is readily apparent and a bit spooky.

1 Like

Yeah-huh , Joe! dubya looked into his eyes and saw his soul…

I soooo hope this is a true story.

2 Likes

And you, Mr. Alpha Male, would just love to watch right?

1 Like

Putin has a soul. But it’s dog-shit.

Love that Joe! Putin is clearly thuggish and not too bright. That’s why he’s beloved of right wingers here: birds of a feather.

1 Like

Nonsense, Putie’s soul just needed a little Botox® like his face.

I suspect it is, but in a different context. I could see Handsome Joe ripping on GWB this way, and the comeback makes it sound that way.

1 Like

Like any old man Joe thinks he said that to Putin three years ago just before he told him to get off his lawn or he wouldn’t give him his ball back.

1 Like

"As I turned, I was this close to him.” Biden held his hand a few inches from his nose.

If this story is to be believed then Biden turned and was essentially nose to nose with Putin like they were at a heavyweight weigh-in. I’m calling bullshit on this. Think about it for a minute, who does that?

“I said, ‘Mr. Prime Minister, I’m looking into your eyes, and I don’t think you have a soul.’ ”

Oh come on. This is the kind of diplomacy he does? This is the guy we send to talk to other world leaders? If so then he truly is an idiot and a dangerous one at that.

2 Likes

You misunderestimate him at your own peril.

This from the same man who said “Jobs” is a three-letter word. Too funny.

Look at the photo. If anything, Putin is often close up to the people he’s talking to.

1 Like

Putin always reminds me of the line from Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, when Connie talks about Polyakov: “A six-cylinder, Karla-trained hood.”

1 Like

I believe that is what it was: a sharp comeback to Lil’ Bush’s arrogant, hamfisted foreign policy decisions (such as enabling a soulless, murdering dictator) and his obviously fatally-flawed judgment.

1 Like

I’m glad you brought the photo up. The one with the article is probably not from the same meeting talked about; according to the story they were in Putin’s office. If this photo is from the same meeting then where is the one of Biden “a few inches from his nose”? Surely one must exist. That would be the money shot!