Discussion: Biden: GOP Abandoned American Values In Name Of 'Fake Nationalism'

1 Like

Love you Uncle Joe! But you are too old. Time to fade away. We need someone fresh and untainted with a vision for the country. Don’t know who he/she is, but I am hoping they step up in the next couple of months. And Cuomo? Are you kidding me? A New York pol? Only if we like losing.

When they get here, we can talk about the fading, mmkay?

10 Likes

“This is not your father’s Republican Party,” Biden told the audience.

Unless, of course, your father is Vladimir Putin.

21 Likes

Go ahead, Joe. Say it. Say, “Republican ‘patriotism’ is a lot of malarkey.”

8 Likes

I am inclined to agree that Biden should not run for Prez. in 2020, but he is a valuable presence in the Democratic Party and an important voice for progressive causes. We should hope that he continues a role as an elder statesman with extraordinary experience and wisdom.

23 Likes

I don’t know, my father’s Republican Party was the Party of Nixon and Reagan. So they were still getting in bed with hostile foreign regimes to get elected. Now maybe if you said my grandfather’s Republican party maybe you would get something that wasn’t a festering abscess of white resentment and creeping fascism…

15 Likes

The GOP is like the Catholic Church: an institutionally protected playground for the worst offenders that proclaims sanctimoniously its own higher authority.

9 Likes

My father’s republican party was the party of Ike. We still have the signed picture somewhere.

4 Likes

All these regressive institutions are fundamentally alike but since being a Repuglican has become a religion, your metaphor is particularly apt I think.

5 Likes

Joe, yes, they certainly did,

However, the statement should be:

“I would never knowingly stand by while any president, Democratic or Republican, sold out this country for their personal enrichment.”

2 Likes

Abandoned? Are you convinced they had American values to begin with? The “American” values they held and hold are those of Confederate America, IMHO.

3 Likes

Republicans only loyalty is to money and ethnic and religious cleansing. In that order.

3 Likes

Speaking of abandoning American values like keeping the general public safe. The NRA is hammering the Houston Police Chief for suggesting some gun safety. Link to their hammering of him on link below, called “Exposing Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo” . and pretty fucked up to go through the slideshow on the link below and see the 10 folks killed.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/houston-police-chief-‘hit-rock-bottom’-after-santa-fe-shooting-then-came-a-nasty-feud-with-the-nra/ar-AAxJK1i?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout

3 Likes

Bernie too, right?

6 Likes

The time seperating us from the Eisenhower administration is comparable to the time that seperated the Eisenhower administration from the reign of Queen Victoria. That people have to dig that far back to find a decent Republican administration is pretty solid evidence that the things wrong with our current batch aren’t just a recent development.

11 Likes

Joe was making an appearance for Cuomo in his gubernatorial race. Joe isn’t “tainted” either.

1 Like

This observation is obvious, replete with dozens of examples…it shoud be repeated every day. Not that those that would benefit from the truth would ever pay attention to the truth.

3 Likes

I tend to think of them as more of a cult although they certainly have the Saint Ronnie worship down.