Discussion: Ben Carson Wants To Monitor, Defund Colleges With 'Extreme Political Bias'

Discussion for article #242052

His is a very unique and special form of quiet and calm insanity.

33 Likes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/bernie-sanders-america-needs-free-college-now/2015/10/22/a3d05512-7685-11e5-bc80-9091021aeb69_story.html

16 Likes

That’s just fucking disgusting.

5 Likes

If only he had made the comment at Liberty University…

28 Likes

Another day, another conservative terrified of the truth that well educated and informed people, are their worst enemies.

11 Likes

This is why he’s doing so well in Iowa. Most Iowans are decent and moderate enough; but the Republicans here are asshole fucking theocrat zealots. Young-earth, literal bible fanatics. Truly reprehensible fucks. And they dominate the GOP Iowa Cauci. It’s why winning Iowa generally doesn’t do shit for the eventual GOP nominee. Pat Robertson, Hucksterbee, Frothy Santorum are a few of the previous victors.

12 Likes

We should start by defunding whatever college Dr. Carson attended as they seem to have failed in their basic responsibilities.

8 Likes

So you’ll be hot on the trail of Liberty U, right, Ben?

11 Likes

I don’t find anything particularly calm about this latest bit of crazy. This is some scary stuff. He is proposing punishing people and institutions for disagreeing with him. And screw the First Amendment, too.

I personally have reached my limit for the “nice quiet doctor” defense. This guy is a dangerous ideologue who is batshit crazy and has no grasp of our Constitution. And needs to be treated as such.

10 Likes

And a Christian to boot.

I think this was refering to the delivery. Carson has patented the art of saying outrageous things in a calm and seemingly thoughtful manner, while in reality he is carrying a torch trying to burn down whatever doesn’t suit him. A demagogue in doctor’s clothing.

9 Likes

That was going to be my point. Somehow I don’t think Liberty would be on that list. And imagine the gnashing of teeth and rending of clothing that would occur if they were targeted along those lines. Righties LOVE to think they are being persecuted. Its like a kink with them. They get off on it.

9 Likes

Yes he does need to be treated as such. Yet watch as he promptly receives an invitation from the Sunday talk shows to spew his hate in a calm manner while he receives questions that avoid his ignorance of basic Constitutional rights.

3 Likes

It was nice of Uncle Ben to tell us so forcefully that he doesn’t believe in the First Amendment’s guarantee of free speech.

Not only is Carson mentally ill, he’s also a budding fascist who’s ready to bloom.

9 Likes

And please note for the record…he is making these comments while he is “officially” not campaigning and is instead on a book tour.

Mixing all that campaign money together makes it a whole lot easier to pocket it at the end of the campaign.

6 Likes

He gets questions all the time that would expose his ignorance but he changes the subject and/or answers the question in his head instead. All very reasonably and calmly, like he’s explaining something to a four year old.

2 Likes

…and Liberty U is first on your chopping block, right, UncaBen?

4 Likes

But, but, but it’s not “political” if you are devoted to the “truth.” Or sumthin.

Totally agree on the persecution complex. It dovetails nicely with their belief that the “people” support whatever batsh!t crazy agenda item they are pushing, like shutting down the government as a defunding PP ploy, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

1 Like

Shades of Scott Walker. Deny (tenure), defund, destroy. Many ways to burn books.

1 Like