Discussion: Ben Carson: I Never Should Have Said The Chinese-In-Syria Thing

Discussion for article #244139

“That kind of stuff is frustrating,” Carson told the Washington Post.
“But it’s something that I’ve learned. You continue to learn that
everything you say is going to be dissected and used in a negative way,
if possible. I’m learning. I wish I didn’t have to learn that.”

DR Ben really is dense.
Poor guy’s in way over his head. He needs to realize that politics is a blood sport.

20 Likes

“You continue to learn that everything you say is going to be dissected and used in a negative way, if possible.”

So it’s the media’s fault when you made stuff up and then doubled down on it when caught.

43 Likes

Okay, Ben. That’s one down & the rest of your batshit insane claims to go !

ETA: "I’ll take The Pyramids for $1000, Alex…

20 Likes

Ben Carson is not ready for prime time, daytime or late night. Ben it’s way past time for you to exit.

13 Likes

Well, Ben, pretty soon you won’t have to feel bothered to learn more about the real world, facts and stuff for this job. Your services won’t be needed.

16 Likes

Perhaps he should have avoided the comment because it wasn’t true. But I do hope the CIA and other Intel folks are watching this asshole. He’s another GOP’er trying to blame them for his whoppers. He made a comment that was supposed to wow the primary crowd…hit 'em in the gut…the Holy Grail of GOP campaigning. It flopped because he did a shitty job of it. Now, like WMD’s, its the CIA’s fault.

10 Likes

Doesn’t quite cram as well as Rubio.

4 Likes

There’s plenty more to add to the list Ben

6 Likes

He regrets saying China in Syria, but not that the pyramids were built to store grain? Maybe the “people in the CIA” telling him stuff were trolling him…

14 Likes

No Carson fan here. However, he stated there are Chinese personnel on the ground in Syria. Following that various current and ex-government intelligence officials and Executive branch spokespeople said his claim was unfounded and untrue. So, we know Carson is incorrect. Why do we know that? Because the U.S. government never lies to the U.S. public. Um, ok.

Ben Carson: I Never Should Have Said The Chinese-In-Syria Thing

♫♪ Never Should Have Said The Chinese-Were-In-Syria… ♫♪

Is this going to be one of those 12-Days-Of-Christmas lists?
Cuz there’s a ton more stupid sh^t we could all singalong to.

jw1

5 Likes

58 Likes

Yeah but by all means, keep talking about those grain-storing pyramids. That’s a winner.

4 Likes

it was a mistake for him to show that there are idiot savants… while he may be truly gifted as a surgeon he constantly shows he never learned anything about life…

imagining Chinese in Syria seems akin to imagining he was a street thug in his early life…

3 Likes

Ben Carson’s 15 most controversial quotes

2 Likes

“…Chinese have physical characteristics that would make them pretty easy to identify in a setting like that.”

Shorter version:
“Maybe I should just make this hole a little wider…”

13 Likes

“Yes, indeed, the chinaman is easily recognized by his slanted eyes and yellow skin - and that funny hat they all wear”, he continued…

4 Likes

I suspect that Dr. Ben Carson is about to learn that running for President of the United States isn’t brain surgery. - David Axelrod.

He should have listened to David Axelrod rather than Armstrong Williams.

7 Likes

Except that China has shown no interest in Syria, is not involved in Syria and no one has seen them there. But other than that, it’s a good point.

13 Likes