Discussion: Battle With Ted Cruz Escalates As Donald Trump Threatens Lawsuit

Discussion for article #246034

Mothers across America routinely encounter more maturity in disputes between small children over the consumption of the last juice box or the touching of one child’s stuff by the other than you’ll find in this Republican primary.

26 Likes

Come now. This can’t be seen as “escalates” when he’s doing it constantly.

“Little Brother escalates ‘I’M NOT TOUCHING YOU!’ with Little Sister by not touching her.”

3 Likes

I’m thinking every wannabe should be hooked up to a lie detector when on the debate stage… or campaigning, or taking a nap.

They’d rather climb a tree to tell a lie than stand on the ground to tell the truth.

1 Like

the single biggest liar I’ve ever come across, in politics or otherwise, and I have seen some of the best

With the GOP collapse as politics freezes into Scalia stalemate, will they be able to deny responsibility?

FYI–It’s worth noting that ‘bad’ will rub off onto others with little to no effort but ‘good’ must be consciously earned

Donald Trump:

Ted Cruz is a totally unstable individual. He is the single biggest liar I’ve ever come across, in politics or otherwise, and I have seen some of the best of them

… look in a mirror every day.

6 Likes

I am taking immense pleasure in watching Trump attack Cruz. What does that say about me? Oy.

18 Likes

Another threatened lawsuit? Hope his law firm’s contract specifies an hourly rate and not a flat-rate retainer.

2 Likes

The issue of Cruz’s citizenship is going to the Supreme Court. I didn’t think he had a great chance to prevail prior to Scalia’s death. Now, I think his prospects look even worse.

5 Likes

Donald Trump:

His statements are totally untrue and completely outrageous. It is hard to believe a person who proclaims to be a Christian could be so dishonest and lie so much.

To be fair, Donald, that’s true of every Republican.

6 Likes

Isn’t this one of those frivolous lawsuits the Republicans go on and on about?

7 Likes
He is the single biggest liar I’ve ever come across, in politics or otherwise, and I have seen some of the best of them,

Trump just admitted that someone was better at this than … HE is —

Guy is definitely off his game —

3 Likes

He did that last week in a tweet.

Every morning in the mirror when he shaves.

This is how hes gonna deal with Putin and the terrorists, by God. If they don’t behave, he’ll sue 'em!

7 Likes

TPM:

“One of the ways I can fight back is to bring a lawsuit against him relative to the fact that he was born in Canada and therefore cannot be president,” Trump said in the statement. “If he doesn’t take down his false ads and retract his lies, I will do so immediately. Additionally, the RNC should intervene and if they don’t they are in default of their pledge to me.”

ALL RIGHT!

Trump is setting up his third party run in case he doesn’t get the GOP nomination. GO FOR IT, DONALD!

16 Likes

I dunno. When you’re in South Carolina and can’t wave a Bible without making yourself look ridiculous and add to your own reputation as a liar, what do you do? Maybe if McCain had sued Dubya he’d have been president, who knows?

4 Likes

> "RNC should intervene and if they don’t they are in default of their pledge to me."

Anybody else catch that little nugget? The “pledge” of course, is their “pledge” to be fair to Donald (which I’m not sure anyone actually made, except inside Donald’s head).

And if Donald decides that the GOP, collectively, is “in default of” that “pledge,” this of course, cancels Donald’s own “pledge” not to run as an independent.

He’s working the refs by threatening to steal half the team and go hold his own game in a different stadium.

20 Likes

“Ted Cruz is a totally unstable individual. He is the single biggest liar I’ve ever come across, in politics or otherwise, and I have seen some of the best of them,” Trump said in a Monday statement. “His statements are totally untrue and completely outrageous. It is hard to believe a person who proclaims to be a Christian could be so dishonest and lie so much.”

Wow! Just fricking WOW!

Make no mistake, i find Ted Cruz to be detestable but tRUMP is saying something that applies equally to himself.

WOW!

10 Likes

if they (the RNC) don’t they are in default of their pledge to me.

You’ve been disrespected! run third party!

12 Likes