Discussion: Battle Looms: GOP Sees No Way Out Of Immigration Quagmire

Discussion for article #232771

When in doubt, vote to reverse Obamacare. Vote and start again.

4 Likes

Or, when in doubt, cover your eyes, stick your fingers in your ears and shout,“La la la lal, I can’t hear you” It would work just as well. Never mind the millions who will be thrown off their health care plans, who cares about them?

4 Likes

Dems may be “relishing the debate” but the bigger question is, are they prepping talking points and ads before the GOP “frames the debate” with “they’re holding our national security at risk!”?

Oh wait, I’m talking about Dems.

1 Like

Pubbie leadership in action. What can go wrong?

1 Like

TPM:

For good measure, President Barack Obama warned Republicans on Monday not to “play politics” with national security, stressing that a DHS shutdown would force tens of thousands of essential personnel to work without being paid, including border patrol agents and airport screeners.

Not paying Federal employees? That’s the kind of logic that will motivate Republicans to go ahead with shutting down the DHS - not to back off.

2 Likes

No surprise here.

1 Like

The conservative group Heritage Action issued a statement Monday pushing senators to pass the House’s “amnesty stopping” DHS bill and indicating that it would judge their votes in its legislative scorecard.

Hmm… does anyone actually care what Heritage Action says about them anymore?

Seems like, same as how politicians pretty much manhandle reporters during interviews - capitalizing on the reporter’s pathetic fear that the politicians won’t come for interview’s anymore - they don’t really need to worry about a “scorecard” published by an org that 99% of GOP voters don’t know about.

1 Like

And they deserve every bit of physical and political heartburn that it causes them. It will be interesting to see how they spin this.

2 Likes

Democratic leaders believe they have the 41 votes needed to block the
bill from proceeding to debate, a senior Senate Democratic aide said
Monday.

So, let’s do the math. There are 44 Dem Senators and 2 Independents who typically vote with the Dems. The issue on the floor is a bill that rolls back the Dem President’s Immigration actions. And Dem leaders “believe they have the 41 votes” to block the bill?

Sigh. Will Rogers once said “I’m not a member of any organized political party. I’m a Democrat.” How true.

Does the CRAZY ever stop? Our government is topping the Dysfunctional Scales. We - the people - are in deep trouble and … here comes Climate Change.

Is it any wonder that when ever one of these political grifters says the name “Jesus” … ten Christians turn atheist?