Discussion: Barr Questions Why Mueller Probed For Obstruction Then Never Ruled On It

"why were those investigated if, at the end of the day, you weren’t going to reach a decision on them?”

Gosh…it’s like he didn’t read the report and Mueller’s extensive, careful, detailed, legal explanation of the answer to that question.

Really, this is a major retreat. If the best they think they’ve got now is “the investigation never should have continued” despite all the evidence Mueller uncovered and recorded for posterity that Trump is a corrupt fucking imbecile, then they’re losing horribly. It’s a joke. Mueller is going to go down as a national hero, except to the Trump KKKult, which is going to revile him to the end of time.

6 Likes

Barr is covering his own fat ass as well as the "Fat Ass In Chief!"

Barr: I’m here to play the role of an idiot today.

3 Likes

Yeah, Mueller lays this out clearly: it is so Congress can decide whether to impeach and so future prosecutors can make a decision on whether to indict once Trump is no longer President.

And, incidentally, the factual and legal analysis make clear that the SCO believes the evidence establishes that Trump’s conduct met all three elements of an obstruction offense on at least 3-4 occasions. My only criticism of Mueller is the unwillingness to say this more explicitly. By not doing so because of the concerns about fairness to the accused, he left this gaping hole that the public couldn’t understand and that Barr could fill. He also let Barr off the hook of having to say that he overruled the SCO, which is effectively what he did.

4 Likes

At Volume 2, pages 1-2. Pages 213-4 of the PDF version. For an important point @rs22 did not mention, see footnote 1 on page 1 (page 213 of the PDF) and the text to to which it is a footnote.

1 Like

From Barr’s school records: “Billy does not score well in reading comprehension.”

1 Like

Thank you Mister…Barr. I see you’ve come dressed to move and with a 2 minute monologue. Please sit over there with all the others auditioning for this part.

2 Likes