Discussion: Barr: Mueller Examined 10 Instances Of Possible Obstruction By Trump

1 Like

The Washington Post is reporting that his [Mueller] waffling is due to the ambiguity of Trump’s actions and motivations.

Words fail. Mueller must be the most forgiving grandmother ever.

6 Likes

If only there was some way he could of asked him what his actions and motivations were.

6 Likes

Well, that WaPo article was based on leaks from Poo-Barr’s team. I think they are a “lightly redacted” version of what Mueller thought.

2 Likes

I guess Rod Rosenstein was afraid that he would be the only Trump official to leave the administration with his reputation intact. I don’t think he needs to worry about that any more.

12 Likes

Barr’s statement seems to be saying Mueller was pointing to instances of obstruction, but Barr (as we know from his audition memo) basically doesn’t think a president can obstruct. So Mueller failed by leaving wiggle room for Barr, and Barr failed by being the personification of fail.

6 Likes

well, I think it’s fair to say that many members of the Trump administration are leaving with their reputations undamaged. That applies in particular to the members of the First Crime Family.

2 Likes

This is a bit OT but one of my first thoughts is that when said “reasoning” comes out maybe it will open the flood-gates to a ton of appeals. I wonder how many people are behind bars now that met a far narrower standard and how many of those people just happen to have nice tans.

Yep Flynn or Giuliani had reputation of being crooks, or that the Trump spawns of being stupid. Those reputations are intact.

1 Like

"The Art of Barrsy" by Lalo Alcaraz

5 Likes

I would have said “unchanged”, but fair enough…

2 Likes

Wait. Does this mean Russians DIDN’T change the vote totals?

My world is crumbling.

1 Like

It’s not that he conveniently disagrees with Mueller, he disagrees with an entire team.

Surely no one watching Rosenstein on the platform at the presser - with his lips tightly sealed - can conclude that he’s anything other than deeply ashamed. Barr looked like a hack, spoke like a hack throughout - and really doesn’t give the impression that he cares one jot about what anyone, outside the WH, thinks.

1 Like

Surely no one watching Rosenstein on the platform at the presser - with his lips tightly sealed - can conclude that he’s anything other than deeply ashamed. Barr looked like a hack, spoke like a hack throughout - and really doesn’t give the impression that he cares one jot about what anyone, outside the WH, thinks.

In the still above, bearded dude on the left looks like he’s staring Rosenstein down, as if to say “Don’t you dare make a move for that podium, buddy.”

Attorney General Bill Barr said Thursday that special counsel Robert Mueller laid out 10 instances where he used “legal theories” to examine if President Donald Trump’s actions met the threshold of an obstruction of justice offense.

Barr said that he and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein disagreed with Mueller’s legal theorizing…

Shorter Barr: "Silly Bob, and all his crazy theories! All you need to know is that the president can’t obstruct justice.