Discussion: Barr Insists That He's Protecting The Presidency, Not Just Trump

53 Likes

I was just going to post something asking where my BS meter was and there you were! :grinning:

8 Likes

Interesting. By his logic, dictatorship is the most stable kind of presidency.

32 Likes

Barr is nothing but a John Mitchell wannabe

12 Likes

If you destroy the presidency and make it an errand boy for Congress, we’re going to be a much weaker and more divided nation.”

what a load of crap. making our government responsive to the people through their chosen representatives makes us weaker and more divided? give me a break, barr.

what you and the fascists are attempting to do is turn us into a dictatorship controlled by the most criminal and corrupt asshole spawned by a fascist political cult. in your dream congress is a rubber stamp for republikkkan royalty. and the royalty is installed through massive election fraud including institutionalized voter suppression married to actual vote tampering.

30 Likes

"If you destroy the presidency and make it an errand boy for Congress, we’re going to be a much weaker and more divided nation.”

Ah Stranger Things strikes again. This is taking place in the Upside Down.

13 Likes

I can see he doesn’t like a Representative Government.

7 Likes

No one with Barr’s experience wants to believe he is just a stooge, but he is. You can protect the presidency without dishonoring yourself. Misleading America isn’t consistent with protecting the Constitution.

21 Likes

Boris Barr needs to be gonged outta here.

7 Likes

So protecting a dictatorial guy who stole an election and who is trying to enrich himself while in office while bankrupting farmers is protecting “the presidency”? Does anybody know what Barr had to say about Bill Clinton’s impeachment in the 1990s? Did Barr ever criticize Lindsey Graham back then? No - he was too busy arranging for pardons for convicted Iran-contra criminals who had worked to “protect the presidency” of Bush1. Am I being too harsh? Dump Trump. DisBarr. Ditch Mitch. Lose Lindsey.

11 Likes

Mika was reading it and Joe thankfully cut her off .
“Don’t repeat that propaganda”
Any impeachments should start with that asshole.
Its like you ride into town and find all the politicians are corrupt.
You go to the Sheriff and find out he’s on the take from the politicians .
We need an Elliot Ness

13 Likes

If you destroy the presidency and make it an errand boy for Congress, we’re going to be a much weaker and more divided nation.”

Interesting that Barr apparently doesn’t know or care about the historical basis of this country in that Congress is the premier leg of our tripod system. Apparently he doesn’t believe that Congress shouldn’t exist at all. They are just in the way. Congress needs to show its power by cutting off his funding.

6 Likes

When you’re explaining, you’re losing.

13 Likes

Apparently it is time to change the Presidential oath of office from this:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of president of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

to this:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully provide leadership and (the) direction of the United States.

1 Like

They’re working on it
Start Goosesteppin’ baby , it won’t be long

8 Likes

indeed
A man totally bereft of honor and integrity, just what Donnie was looking for

6 Likes

A very un-American, un-patriotic position, wouldn’t you say?

Why does Bill Barr hate America?

3 Likes

Yep, a complete crock of shit.

1 Like

By eroding the rule of law, Barr is actually further delegitimizing the office with his claimed pursuit to protect it. It is the law, not the disregard for it, which legitimizes the office. In addition, he has overrun the most basic requirement of justice, that it be blind and not based on the spin, misrepresentation, and arbitrariness he’s fomented.

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available