Discussion: Barr Dances Around Question When Asked If WH Has Seen Mueller Report

1 Like

That is a ‘Yes’ ?

44 Likes

Actually, Barr didn’t “dance around” that question - he outright refused to answer.

40 Likes

Yes/No questions are sooooooo hard to answer.

22 Likes

I thought Barr was at least smart. But he’s dumb here. Untruthful AND evasive.

26 Likes

That’s a big ol’ “GFY!”

10 Likes

Yep, it’s all dodge, talk about tangents and change the subject. For Barr, at least, there’s no charge of lying to Congress in this cesspool of bad faith.
And, no, Dts hasn’t read the report, but I’d put my last dollar on someone having laid out all the significant findings to him.

18 Likes

Doesn’t mean he’s not smart. He’s smart enough to avoid the perjury traps.

They’re just asking smart and well-drafted questions that he can’t weasel out of without making the actual (“yes”) answer clear.

17 Likes

They keep a children’s book artist on staff?

7 Likes

10 Likes

A 400 page tome laid before him stands no more chance of being read than of him breaking 80 on one of his courses.

21 Likes

He must have - Donnie’s on distraction mode with all the DHS, Neilson, Border chaos. I felt that immediately with his firing of Neilson on a Sunday. Everyone knows Trump doesn’t work on Sundays :wink:

5 Likes

Barr dancing … (sorry, Chris…you were much more honest than him)

9 Likes

obfuscate: transitive verb: 1. a: to throw into shadow: DARKEN b: to make obscure 2. confuse / intransitive verb: to be evasive, unclear, or confusing

2 Likes

Still don’t understand why Dems don’t examine witnesses properly. Ask one question at a time and in relation to specific people, starting with questions that will elicit responses (eg has Mr Rosenstein seen the report?) It’s so much easier to bat back or purposefully misanswer a question that rolls together about five different questions.

33 Likes

Not able to see this live, but that can’t have looked good. I mean, you’re willing to talk about the process, but not if part of that process is whether or not the White House has seen the Report?

7 Likes

Of course they’ve seen the report. At this point, I’d wager good money that even Hannity has seen it.

17 Likes

. . . or Mondays . . . or Tuesdays . . . or . . .

10 Likes

Of course , Trump has seen the un-redacted version of the report (or at least Mulvaney or some other than knows how to read) that’s why he is so mad. Next, “rogue” SS (Trump doesn’t know the difference between Secret Service sand Schutzstaffel) agents will begin harassing congressmen and DOJ prosecutors.

8 Likes

Because they’re used to bla-bla-ing to get a few quotes out for b-roll footage in their home districts. It’s fucking annoying. As is the 5-minute shot clock. All the participant has to do is run the fucking clock to ‘win’.

6 Likes