Discussion: Bannon: Trump's DACA Decision Could Cost Republicans The House

Is this the same nobody that had the briefest of tenures advising a President because he worked with a billionaire that owned a data anayltics company who illegally gave information to Russia to co-opt our election registration systems? Why do we care what he thinks about anything unless it’s what he thinks about his stay in a federal prison?

6 Likes

Ironic, because I think Republican’s Trump decision is what is going to cost them the House…

4 Likes

He also has a very ahistorical view of America not based on any form of true scholarship I learned from reading about that interview. His particular form of divergent thinking is simply laziness built on an ill-informed, amoral foundation. He’s definitely short a few scruples. Its hard to understand how some people can’t see that in him from the right, but I guess some people see what they want to see, no matter how delusional it seems if it serves a purpose…

Lies have a way of filling the void when the truth isn’t readily made clear. My only point is, Dems need to make those truths clear come the next election and fight back against the amount of propaganda these billionaire-backed morons are likely to spew…because its coming.

3 Likes

It’s a deeply unpopular act by Trump. As much as people may hold conservative views on immigration, they hold liberal views on not-throwing-kids-brought-here-illegally-out-of-the-country. It throws a huge mess into the Republican controlled government’s lap, that if they don’t solve, will reflect poorly on them nationally, energize Democratic and Latino turn out. But if they do solve it, they have to worry about the fact that anything that will pass majority public approval will alienate their base, and vis versa.

This action by Trump it creates a problem that wasn’t a problem before, and will come to a head in 6 months, or right around the time the Mid-terms really start to spin up. And this Congress can’t get it’s own majority to agree on basic governance issues, let alone divisive and highly politicized stuff like this.

6 months from now, CNN is going to be 24 hr interviews of young, attractive Hurricane Harvey first responders, who got brought to this country illegally at age 4, and lived here 20 years, with no accents, facing deportation.

I mean, I know that sounds cynical, but it’s just the reality Republicans are creating for themselves, and anyone who knows anything about politics (and say what you want about Bannon, he was able to get Trump into the White House, so he knows a bit about politics) can see it.

6 Likes

For once I’m inclined to agree with Bannon: amnesty should be non-negotiable. Of course, I’m agreeing with his words, not with what he means by them…

1 Like

I read a recap of it, I think yesterday. Forget where, maybe WaPo. TPM really misses the gist of what Bannon was on about. Basically, he forsees a major battle between those who, like his readers, want to shove out all Dreamers and GOP establishment which is more mindful of what’s popular.

GOP establishment has to go in Bannon’s world. It needs to be replaced by brown shirts so the revolution can happen. That was the point he was making. DACA is just a convenient opportunity for him to rant about how crucial it is to root out all GOP moderates, neocons, and establishment types.

2 Likes

Promise?

Maybe it is merely wishful thinking on my part but as I watched the interview last night I got a real sense that Bannon was trying very hard to keep from smiling/laughing at the nonsense he was saying. It seemed to me that it was all an act, a pose, a well rehearsed phony character he was playing, in an attempt to convince Trump voters that he (and his racist ilk) are with them and Trump.

His lack of sincerity was palpable in my opinion.

And never once did he say - or was he asked - exactly what was “Trump’s agenda” that he kept referring to…as in what exactly does Trump stand for. That made the whole interview softball and irrelevant

1 Like

You can smell him through the TV set.

2 Likes

“I’m worried about losing the House now because of this — of — because of DACA"

For once I hope this talking human pustule is correct.

So, this shrieking shitstick represents the least factual of all GOTPers - the Breitbart idiots.

Why, exactly, is he upset with Trumpet doing exactly what the Breitbart core base wants done?

He’s wearing only one shirt at a time now, and it’s clean.
Looks like he’s losing a little weight around the jowels.
If the redness leaves his eyes, he may yet meet
Garrison Keillor’s definition of “A Republican is
just a Democrat who hasn’t been through treatment yet.”

1 Like

I agree with your analysis, and I do not for the life of me understand why anyone would want Bannon’s analysis of politics. He has no experience, a shallow hateful ‘thinker’, and as you said, his whole goal is to destroy the current government structure.

There is no strategy there, just a boozy three year old looking for block towers to knock down. Please, somebody just send him back to the rock he crawled out from under. Ugh.

Gross. They must have had to use several pounds of makeup on him to make him presentable.

Why shouldn’t we haul your ass to jail for obstructing the investigation of treason against this country by persons acting in collusion with our declared enemy?

Steve Bannon. Outsider. … lol

Conservatives, you’ve been groped. How was it?

I wonder if we’re seeing a surrogate battle starting up between the Mercers and the Koch brothers.

Although they both support oligarchy, I can’t see the Koch brothers being happy with Mercer surrogates deep sixing their servants - Ryan, McConnell, etc.

4 Likes

“I’m worried about losing the House now because of this — of — because of DACA.

old curmudgeon: i am flabbergasted that i must hope the repulsive steve bannon is right about anything. but there you are.

I hope the GOPers have their civil (well, not so civil) war and lose the House and the Senate. And in 2020 the White House. And that the democrats finally do a better job of governing…tho that would not be difficult.

Nothing like cutting thru the bullshit

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available