Discussion: Bank Granted Manafort Loan After CEO Expressed Interest In Working For Trump

2 Likes

A loan for $16 million was approved in one day by someone hoping to become Secretary of the Treasury. Was there no one anywhere just doing their job according to protocol??

32 Likes

Judge Ellis got what he ordered up… discussion of a loan that WAS approved.

38 Likes

Calk expressed interest in working for the Trump Organization.

A real go-getter.

20 Likes

Manafort was selling Trump to get favors/money, so far we have two examples. Is there really any doubt that he sold Trump to Russia or that he sold Russia to Trump?

22 Likes

You mean influence peddling is against the law??? Who knew?

https://www.citizen.org/our-work/government-reform/influence-peddling-laws

27 Likes

Seems like sucking-up before the real ask later.

5 Likes

Plausible, yes.

1 Like

They should have plugged a Calkhole with a Kochsucker, Problem Solved!

3 Likes

Secretary of the Army, not Treasury, Calk doesn’t have enough juice for that.

6 Likes

Well, at least you tried, right Steve? Ya never know unless you ask … and sweeten the request with a fast, ill-advised $16 million loan.

By the way, are those interest and principle payments coming in each month?

You had a nice little S&L going there and then you got trumpizised.

25 Likes

I need some legal guidance here.

Where does sleazy back scratching cross over into illegal influence peddling?

14 Likes

“Calk is the head of Federal Savings Bank in Chicago. He served as a Trump campaign economic advisor…”

He only played a very small role in the campaign.

Hoped to become Secretary of Covfefe.

32 Likes

So the trial is back on and no discussion of a plea deal, jury problem or Ellis mouth-diarrhea correction ?? How puzzling…

6 Likes

Anything that goes beyond that horrible decision in the Governor McDonnell case according to the Supreme Court. Before that decision, any politician could be indicted for obvious corruption along those lines. Unfortunately, now its just Democrats they seem to reserve that for.

11 Likes

At least they’re consistent.

1 Like

Without looking like total douche-bags, is there a way for Manarort’s lawyers to blame this on Gates?

1 Like

Wonder what the defense attorneys asked Raicot?

2 Likes

Calk has immunity, I recall, but does this affect his career as a banker in any way?

Does the FDIC take any note of this attempt to use depositor money to buy an admin job?

11 Likes

I think I spot an underlying flaw in your premise.

15 Likes