Discussion: Atlanta Woman Fatally Shot By Police While Detained In Back Of Squad Car

Thanks, Mr Comments.

The al Jazeera story is pretty clear. This is was a case of two policemen not realizing they were dealing with a dangerous person, and treating her too casually.

They nearly paid for their carelessness with their lives. Sometimes the police have to shoot back.

1 Like

And there are several people commenting on here who wish these cops were dead and she was alive. Depraved.

Yes, the was real petite, plus they were afraid of being accused of groping. Looks like the cuffed her, but her wrists were so small she got one out. Nothing really unusual or extraordinary.

Meanwhile conspiracy nuts have the cops staging this whole thing in broad daylight on a busy street. Yes, they would have to shoot her and draw attention to themselves in broad daylight on a busy street, then go inside the car with the dead body and take a few shots out of the car…it’s just amazing how gullible people are…when they are trying to make something fit their agenda.

Yes, AJ is a great news service. And they don’t leave stuff out. The TPM article says it is from AP, and all AP accounts I have seen printed mention that the cops are black. Funny how TPM edited that paragraph out. Again, baiting your readers.

Apparently, she found the gun in John Boehner’s bathroom.

1 Like

One thing is sure.

No one will notice that guns don’t stop anything.

Something doesn’t smell right here. Cops would never place take a suspected car thief in the back of a car without a body search and handcuffs.

1 Like

what a laugh. if this story’s true, the cops created the situation to begin with by not following procedures and having an armed arrested person in the police car.
They can’t follow seat belt laws, they can’t follow unlawful arrest laws, now they can’t handcuff people and check them for weapons. Is there any law cops can actually follow themselves too?
Sensible people know this is same old same old cops fabricating a false narrative, falsifying evidence to justify excessive force. There’s very little possibility cops would arrest a person and not handcuff them.
Same old story of cops getting away with another murder.
We’re really safer on our streets now that cops shot this woman after supposedly arresting her and not following procedures of handcuffing her and procedures of checking for weapons on her person. Feeling safer now.
< eyeroll/>

Nobody sane believes this mirage scenario.

Apparently so.
Who really believes this cloth of lies scenario by same old lying bad cops a la Melendez? The good cops will need to come out against the bad ones to save their reputation.

A very fair and moral reaction. Kudos.

Oh, looks like you are about 20 other people on here were 100% wrong. No surprise though, knee jerk reactions are frequently wrong.

Right, it’s the cops fault…(eyeroll).

Also, I love how desperate you are for them to put it back in. You know, because the race of the cops is rilly rilly important to a guy like you for reasons I can’t guess.

Oh, wait, I can totally guess. George Zimmerman’s number one fan is just a racist piece of dog shit. It all becomes clear.

1 Like

The cops allegedly put a woman on in a squad car without disarming her first and in your world, that’s NOT their fault? And that’s the best scenario. The other scenario is that they just murdered her and then shot out the back window themselves.

1 Like

Oh, right, it’s your fault. Or maybe my fault. Better yet, let’s blame it on some poor homeless guy, or even better the classic winner in USA society: Let’s blame it on the victim as bullies and many thugs in blue love to. That’s the ticket. Oh, right, they are blaming it on the victim. That’s her fault too, right?
Some how, she forced them at gun point to be so incompetent they either didn’t handcuff a female arrestee then failed to search her for weapons. Are you for real? Don’t answer that, in your case, I fear you really believe that deluded comment. Of course, it’s the cops’ fault they screwed up this arrest in so many ways they had to shoot the woman, and probably have a cover-up now, as they so often do as videos prove. Delusional much? No eyeroll needed there. You’re actually serious which is the saddest part of this exchange.

Oh, he’s a Zimmerman fan? Why am I not surprised? I am sensing the racist part is possibly true.
He’s made some other comments that were racist, or at the very least racially insensitive.

1 Like

You are confusing me with someone else, I have consistently said GZ is trash and should have been held liable for the death of Trayvon Martin. So stop lying.

No, I am not. I defy you to find ONE post in my history saying I am a Zimmerman fan. If you need to make stuff up to try to win a debate…you lost it.

Yes, they were too relaxed, and they did not totally frisk her for fear of being accused of groping. She got one hand out of the cuffs and grabbed the gun and tried to kill them from inside the car. This is established fact. So the fact that she had the gun is the cops fault. The fact that she used the gun to shoot at cops is HER fault.

They should not have to put it back in, it was already there. When you print an AP article, you print the whole thing. If not, you have become a FOX tactic news organization.

You’re full of shit. You have consistently defended that piece of dog feces here. I’m not going to bother to look it up. You’ll be toddling along with other racist crap here for the next case, so it’s not like we have to search it out or wait long to find some more examples.

But just on your little weasel there, you said “liable”, meaning civil suit. You didn’t say “guilty”, meaning prison. You think Zimmerman was rightly acquitted. And that’s my litmus test. Anyone who could possibly buy his ridiculous and implausible explanation for how a 200 pound man needed to shoot and kill a 158 pound kid who was unarmed, and thought that he rightly got off, is a Zimmerman apologist. Go ahead and deny it.

First of all, how the hell would you know this? Are you a mind reader? Are you personal friends with them? And yet here you are, asserting that this made up excuse that only exists in your tiny brain is actual truth. And then, using Houdini powers, she got one of her hands out of HANDCUFFS? Wow, that’s amazing. Too bad she was shot dead by police, since she had a huge career in magic ahead of her.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available