Discussion: Arizona Lawmaker Says Church Should Be Mandatory

Discussion for article #234794

Alright…she can be forced to attend my church every week and if she doesn’t agree with my religious beliefs, so what. She will have to attend and if she tries to speak out against my Pagan practices during the services she will have her mouth taped shut.

And the 1950’s weren’t some kind of paradise for morality in this country. She was just too young to remember people getting lynched, burned to death, bombed to death…not to mention the mobs, gangs and other criminal groups, and women being raped and treated like pieces of meat who, if they spoke out, got fired.

48 Likes

Legislating morality. Now there’s a novel idea.

14 Likes

And she’s an elected official? I’m a man of faith but religion and government should never mix.

11 Likes

apparently swearing an oath to the constitution (or having a working knowledge of it) isn’t a requirement to be an elected official in arizona… who knew.

13 Likes

This woman comes from Snowflake, AZ a small rural heavily Mormon community on the Mogollon Rim. She also is known for other utterly derpish comments. She is a true believer that the Earth is 6000 yrs old and that the 1950’s was an idyllic time in America where everything was perfect. And she really does believe that morality could be legislated and that people should be forced (her word, not mine) to attend the “church of their choice” on Sunday. She also thinks packing heat is perfectly acceptable in any and all situations and in any public building. She makes Jan Brewer seem completely reasonable by comparison. I am truly embarrassed for my state.

20 Likes

Yes, in one of these churches?
“Churches ad hoc”
www.efn.org/~hkrieger/church.htm

Chik-fil-hate prides itself on being closed on The Lord’s Day. I have pictures of contractors doing work illegally on the exterior of the Chik-fillate building near me on a Sunday. Apparently the bibble don’t ap-ply to them browns.

11 Likes

Been there and done that! Excuse me, but, go fuck yourself!

10 Likes

Would Jews be forced to go to Christian churches on Sundays according to her?

16 Likes

It’s really about religious freedom tho.

6 Likes

That’s an excellent way to support “religious freedom”, Sylvia!
In spite of the obvious ignorance on display, you keep flogging that idea.

2 Likes

But she explained that the reasoning behind the remark stemmed from her experience growing up in the 1950s, when she said more people went to church.

“I remember on Sundays the stores were closed,” Allen told the Capitol Times. “The biggest thing is religion was kicked out of our public places, out of our schools.

Yeah, moron, things were just peachy back in the 50’s when black people were swinging from trees in the South and white people attended lynchings after church on Sunday. People were so much more moral then.

Well, of course it is! You have the freedom to practice the religion of her choosing because, ya know, freedom!

11 Likes

I dont think many synagogues have services on Sunday last I checked (occasionally you can catch Sat. morning though is its a more conservative congregation), but hey…Jews dont count cause were heathens too.

6 Likes

Is it really too much to ask that elected officials have an elementary understanding of the duties and limits of government??

13 Likes

a bill requiring every American to attend a church of their choice

OMG, we get to pick a church all by ourselves??? Thank you Comrade Sylvia!

9 Likes

exactly. she has no clue obviously what was happening in the world in the 1950’s, but further, her religion mandates so much of their members that it seems normal to her to impose this on everyone.

3 Likes

This applies to Jews, too? Because I can see her leash getting yanked so hard by AIPAC that her head would fly off.

2 Likes

Has a man allowed this fallen woman to adorn herself with home made jewelry, to dye her hair with berries and beautify herself with hog-rendered face creams?

15 Likes

Nah. She looks like a joke naturally.

3 Likes