Discussion: AP: Bill Cosby To Be Charged In 2004 Sex Abuse Case

Discussion for article #244187

I would like to charge him in a different way, using my car batteries.

Sad end to what was once a stellar TV personality. In his role as “Cliff” Huxtable, Bill was once the example of the perfect father and family man for so many people. Now he’s proof positive that each of us should strive to become the best that we can be for our families and not hold others up as our ideals.

Certainly those whom the Muse would destroy she first makes proud.

8 Likes

He is also an example of how outside appearances can be deceiving.

6 Likes

A famous, accomplished man cheating on his wife repeatedly is one thing, but serial sexual assault is another entirely. One is tragic for his family and forgivable, the other simply a crime for which he may deservedly end his days in prison.

3 Likes

Which, IMO, is just as nuts as thinking that soap operas are real events.

He is an actor. Playing a part on a TV show. Which is entirely made up. Just like Robert Reed wasn’t really a father of 6 kids on the Brady Bunch. He was a homosexual who despised the role, but liked the paycheck.

Remember the old saying…“Never fall in love with an actress; you can’t tell when she is acting and half the time neither can she”

5 Likes

Good, he deserves to be hounded,and harassed until the end, legally, financially and in the press.

3 Likes

buh buh buh Ronnie Reagan!

Say it ain’t so!

5 Likes

This should have happened a looooooooooooooong time ago…

3 Likes

One week you are on the cover of Time, the next week you are doing time.

Ya think!

And so it begins. Say goodbye to peace and privacy Bill. And your money, too. Maybe even your freedom.

Tink, tink, tink…the bullet in the furnace is ready to blow.

2 Likes

We had a man like that in my home town. War hero, popular Boy Scout leader, etc. Got charged with multiple counts of child sexual assault in his 90s.

I’m grateful so many of these women refused to back down when people at first didn’t want to believe them. I’m glad at least one will get her day in court.

4 Likes

He was never a stellar personality, he just played one on TV.

1 Like

I’ll say it for Larry Wilmore since he’s on break: “I haven’t forgotten about you, motherfu#$er!”

3 Likes

Textbook psychopath. Maybe as many as 2 or 3 out of 10 have the personality. Fortunately most don’t commit violent or assault type crimes.

1 Like

Agree and with his recent use of his wealth to try to silence his victims I say it is about time…

1 Like

Indeed. Talented guy with a very dark side. I remember an interview with Robert Culp, before all this scandal broke, saying Cosby was the angriest person he’d ever known, and that when they first met he could feel that anger just filling the room. God only knows what goes on in a psyche to make you drug and rape people repeatedly over years. He’s like Sandusky now, just destroyed as a person, or Jimmy Savile, whose family has removed his gravestone and left the grave unmarked. What redemption could there be for a person like this? What’s left that’s worth having?

6 Likes

Say what you will, I feel personally betrayed by this guy I never knew who was nonetheless a fixture in my life going back forty plus years, to when we used to listen to his early comedy albums in the 60’s.

It’s one thing to feel betrayed by a celebrity who never asked to be a role model. It’s something else entirely when it turns out a guy spends decades cultivating an image as a father and generally holding himself out as a national role model lived an evil double life which, to make matters worse, perpetuated ugly, horrible racial stereotypes that his public life seemed dedicated to dispelling. I can’t feel anything but sick, sick at heart and to my stomach.

8 Likes

Obviously he wasn’t and isn’t a good guy. He just played one on TV.

2 Likes