Discussion: Anonymous Gifts To Staffers' Legal Funds Now OK By Trump's Ethics Office

1 Like

I don’t think there is enough money in existence to save this administration legally.

And at some point, I can’t see that big money would want to throw their cash away on this.

Of course, I could be wrong.

14 Likes

I’m confused, since Donnie will pardon them, why do they even need to mount a legal defense?

8 Likes

He can’t pardon state convictions, and Schneiderman is cooperating with Mueller

15 Likes

Make My Lawyer’s Boat Great Again doesn’t fit on a hat.

7 Likes

Well Stated…

4 Likes

According to the article, the practice “poses grave ethical concerns.”

So of course it’s permitted, even encouraged.

6 Likes

There seems to be NO area of government that this administration won’t corrupt.
Unfortunately for America, things will try be left worse off when these people leave. Either on their own, in handcuffs or thrown out by the voting public.

3 Likes

How can Trump have an Ethics Office if he and his administration have no ethics?

6 Likes

Many years ago I was in Bangkok on business and, on the way to a meeting, we drove past the Ministry of Corruption (or it might have been something like “ministerial office of”, it was a while ago…).

I asked the people I was with “for or against?” and got grins but no answer…

Drumpfie’s Ethics Office reminded me of this for some odd reason…

6 Likes

Ummmm… have you heard anything about the climate-change-denying oil-industry-a-hole now sitting as the head of the EPA? Or the uneducated booble-head who’s the Secretary of Education? Or the wedding planner who is now in charge of HUD’s New York/New Jersey offices? The so-called “administration” specializes in offices that do the exact opposite of what the original intent was.

6 Likes

So now they can get his Russian oligarch pals to cover the cost. Sweet.

15 Likes

45 would love us to have Thailand’s lese-majeste laws.

6 Likes

The irony is that Trump himself is unwilling to foot the bill.

Perhaps he does not have the means.

6 Likes

This is Trump’s reality.

Drain the swamp. Hilarious.

3 Likes

Trump has no ethics and therefore no ethics office. This is just legal bribery.

2 Likes

In fairness to the OGE, they did require donations to be made in rubles.

11 Likes

And the grift goes on.

Seriously. Why would a White House staffer need a legal defense fund? Oh, right.

2 Likes

Quid Pro Quo?

1 Like

So, now it is OK for the Russian Government to anonymously fund the defense funds of Trump WH staffers?

Right.

How far down the rabbit hole are we going to go?

3 Likes