Discussion: Analysis: McDaniel Likely To Lose Mississippi Legal Challenge

Discussion for article #225976

What do $ister$arah and McDaniels have in common??

The Wheels on their bus fell off--------but they just keep on keeping on

4 Likes

I imagine he’s doing this to highlight that Cochran is a ‘race traitor,’ and sides with the ‘enemy’ in Mo Brooks’ ‘war on whites.’

2 Likes

The wheels fell off, but their gullible supporters keep sending in more money to buy new wheels.

3 Likes

The local Republican state committee now has 10 calendar days to respond. I anticipate an epic smackdown, delivered no sooner than the 10th day, which will like completely end McDaniels’ future viability in MS politics.

Haley Barbour is not known for playing nice.

3 Likes

McDaniels should have hired Kathy Nickolaus of Waukesha to count the votes. She can pull thousands out of her gluteal port two days after an election.

2 Likes

One can only hope that Chris McDaniel wakes up one day and suddenly realizes how completely and thoroughly his own junior-high-school petulance destroyed his career in politics.

3 Likes

It looks like the lawyer is a Republican as the complaint refers to recruiting Democrat voters which is what the Republicans call the other party in both the North and South. I have yet to hear a reference to the Republic party from the other side. I think McDaniel’s chances are toast although grits might be more apt for Mississippi.

3 Likes

That would require a modicum of self-awareness on McDaniel’s part…

1 Like

Yes, he is likely to lose. But let’s keep the fight going as long as possible. I love watching Repubes attack each other.

3 Likes

Gosh, I feel sure that the moment Candidate McDaniel learns of this analysis by Professor Hasen - especially the part of about how persnicketyitious his campaign in general and campaign website in particular has been about yer blahs and assorted obvious Dem cullid types crossing the line playing fast and loose with Mississippi’s traditional voters’ franchise - he’ll get right to setting up the earliest possible time and place for a press conference to discuss something or other about his legal challenge to the GOP US Senate primary.

“There is NO cannibalism in the Republican Party! And when I say ‘none,’ I mean there is a certain amount.”

1 Like

If McDaniels could invalidate votes on the basis that they won’t vote for the Republican candidate in November, shouldn’t the votes of all the McDaniel supporters who have sworn that they will not support Cochran be invalidated as well?

2 Likes

I think we should start calling GOP members Republickers.

I would point out, that would also Include McDaniel himself.

(evil grin)

Roll the tape:

HANNITY: And last question. And you won’t support Thad Cochran under any circumstances?

MCDANIEL: That’s a great question, Sean. I’m very disappointed right now in his approach. And I’m going to have to pray about it and talk to my family about it. But I never thought they would treat another Republican the way they treated me. I never thought they would go to those measures. I realize the power is daunting. I realize it’s intoxicating. But I didn’t think it was worth character assassination of a friend.

1 Like

“I only hope that those Republicans on the receiving end of spurious claims of voter fraud will remember this the next time when they might be in the position to stop unsubstantiated charges like that from being levied against others.”

Well, hope springs eternal but it’s not going to happen that way.

1 Like

DUR. I have a better shot at winning this case than McDaniel does. He has no case and if he hurts Cochran hard enough, he may give the Dems the seat…which would suit me jest fine.

Only “teh BLACKS” do voter fraud. When baggernuts do it, it’s “gamemanship” or “getting lost in the courthouse with the ballots”.

2 Likes

Nah… He’s not that bright. Heck, he’ll be on Faux Snooze as a lead analyst by November.

In light of Bama Bagger Brooks’ commentary next door, and the long standing rivalry between Alabama and Mississippi, someone should ask Mr. McDaniel whether Senator Cochran earned enough African American’s votes to discriminate against white people.