Discussion: Amid Fight With Rubio, Cruz Releases Immigration Plan

Discussion for article #242824

“Instead, we should prioritize refugee status for religious minorities, especially Christians, Jews, and others being systematically tortured and murdered by radical Islamists in Iraq and Syria today,” he said.

Code for “We need more nutty religious people in America.”

7 Likes

If this man had any power, he would be truly dangerous.

Also unbuttoning his suit coat while gesticulating would look better.

6 Likes

Two whacks fighting each other over there, and another two eating each other over here. But these two cannibals’ fighting (and over immigration, that is) is potentially worth more attention, since at the end of the day they may be the last two standing.

Can’t you just see the political ads from the Democrats showing Cruz and/or Rubio, both Hispanic, making it obvious they only want to allow highly-skilled, ENglish-language, appropriate-religion white people into the USA (excluding Hispanics, Arabs & Asians).

1 Like

Oh, that’s just one (and a fairly minor one at that) amendment that Cruz would have to put through to implement his plans.

He wants to change the whole process of how Justices are nominated, for a big example. No more “For Life” appointments. And he wants the possibility of having every Justice removed and appointed by each new President (well, at least republican Presidents…I am not sure how he finagles that one). Which essentially makes the President the only power in the nation. Any disagreement with Congress? Decided by his hand picked Court. Legality of any action the President takes? Decided by his hand picked Court. Any disagreement with the hand picked Court? Replace those who disagree and then have it decided by the new hand picked Court.

That one alone is a biggie. And by comparison, doing away with birth right citizenship is a gnat by comparison. You really don’t even have to amend the Constitution after that…just appoint a Court that re interprets the Constitution to say it doesn’t exist.

5 Likes

Republicans will try to solve the birthright issue by going around the amendment process and passing a law that redefines who is under the jurisdiction of the United States. They seem to think they can say that either undocumented immigrants AND/OR their US-born children are not under US jurisdiction.

Problem is, how do they go about detaining them and deporting them if they are not under the jurisdiction of the US?

3 Likes

But I thought the Constitution came from God/was a Christian document (according to Cruz’s daddy at least). So why does the Canadian born Cuban guy hate the birthright citizenship part in the Constitution?

3 Likes

For his encore, Senator Crooner sings “Springtime for Hitler.”

3 Likes

This looks interesting. It has come to pass that these two Cuban pilgrims have positioned themselves substantially to the right of most Anglos, nationally, on immigration.

Only in the clueless, sterile atmosphere of MSM America does this translate to:

“The G.O.P. has two Latinos running for President, either of whom will help secure the Latino vote.”

2 Likes

TPM:

… Cruz seeks to make life so tough for undocumented immigrants they would leave on their own; Cruz’s plan, for instance, called for a ban on government benefits for undocumented immigrants.

What benefits? I could be wrong, but I don’t know of any benefits for which undocumented immigrants are eligible. If someone knows of any, please enlighten me.

1 Like

His statement is also code for ‘where are the white Christians at?’

2 Likes

The “benefits” he refers to: America lets them live, attend public schools and use our roads and sewers.

1 Like

Forgive me if I am remembering this wrong but didn’t Rafael Cruz Sr. bribe his way into the US and over stay his student visa? Will Jr, deport Sr. if elected President?

2 Likes

I’m sure either of them will have the special ops to go to Cuba and force Elian Gonzalez back to Miami.

All gop nominees are against birth right citizonship because there are many more imigrants being born. They tend to not vote for the gop. Just that simple.