Discussion: Americans For Prosperity Spends Big On Scott Walker

Discussion for article #223194

Gonna need to put more than a paltry million dollars’ wortha lipstick on this pig.

4 Likes

Prosperity? For whom?

I’m sure the backers will say “For everyone”, but that is a logical impossibility. If everyone is prosperous then who will mow lawns and flip burgers?

1 Like

We’ll see. I’ve lost a lot of faith in that place since I moved away from it.

1 Like

AFP = Kochsucking Walker Machinery now fully in progress…operating at full throttle…

Wisconsin, you deserve so much better than this bought-and-paid-for-pissant-tool in your Governor’s mansion, leading your State.

5 Likes

I have yet so see a republican ad worth any money at all. They all suck.

1 Like

They’re supposedly the reason Walker is still there - so it seems to be they must have some effect.

2 Likes

the last set of polling must have made them nervous

4 Likes

This is a sure sign that Walker’s re-election campaign is floundering—as it should be.

He’s been an execrable governor, and Burke should be able to beat him like a rented mule if she has adequate funding.

5 Likes

Money can’t buy 'em love

But since CU ruling…they can buy elections.

Thanks to the SupremeCorporation K-RATS.

2 Likes

Well who do you think? The people who fund it. Which is to say, the Koch Brothers.

2 Likes

Americans for Koch Prosperity would like to elect Scott Walker for Governor of WisKochson.

5 Likes

This pretty much sums it up.

Can’t be fooled

GET OUT THE PROGRESSIVE VOTE THIS TIME!!

2 Likes

The pro-Walker ad doesn’t explicitly name him, but it does feature people talking directly into the camera about how the policies of the current governor’s administration are working.

It’s just “opinion”. Not “advocacy”. [aside: This is how we evade campaign finance laws]. The kind of thing that Democratic Senators are trying to make illegal. You won’t be able to hold an opinion [and blow $1M broadcasting it] any more.

[/snark] in case you missed it… :smile:

1 Like

I think it would be hysterically funny if they spend all this money on the race and still lose.

1 Like

Well, that’s kind of the hope. But they’re two for two in Wisconsin.

Americans for Prosperityspecial interest front group run by the oil billionaire Koch brothers. Why did you not include this in your article?

4 Likes

I’m guessing none of the paid actors ask where are the 250,000 jobs that Walker promised 3 years ago.

2 Likes

Those WERE the jobs! They were shown to you at a 1:1 scale!

1 Like

ScottWalker

Open Mouth
Insert Koch.

3 Likes