Discussion: All The President’s Witnesses For The Prosecution

7 Likes

DJT likes being the center of attention, so this should all work out nicely.

37 Likes

Huckabee is going to be interviewed. He leaked that information, himself.
Hannity is gonna feel burned if he doesn’t get an interview.

11 Likes

Trump’s tweets can fill in for himself

4 Likes

Comey testified that when Trump asked him to stay behind afterwards, Sessions and Kushner dawdled.“My sense was the attorney general knew he shouldn’t be leaving which is why he was lingering,” he said. “I don’t know Mr. Kushner well but I think he picked up on the same thing.”Trump’s chief of staff, Reince Priebus, also poked his head into the room at one point, according to Comey, before the President waved him away.

Did anyone ask Sessions if he had a conversation with Priebus about Comey being asked to remain behind? Also, did Priebus take any action after DT waved him away?

10 Likes

The OOJ case is very strong, and will only get stronger. It’s literally impossible that there are a bunch of witnesses out there who will credibly assert that Trump has always wanted the Russian investigation to proceed but had sudden genuine misgivings about Comey’s integrity and competence. The only real question is what the GOP will do about it.

30 Likes

“My tweet is my bond” (unless I delete it, in which case it never happened).

18 Likes

sudden genuine misgivings about Comey’s integrity and competence

Well sure. How can you trust someone who won’t pledge loyalty?

11 Likes

“Does this orange jumpsuit make my ass look fat?” -DJT

13 Likes

DING DING DING DING DING DING
Fuck all and lots of it

20 Likes

And while all these witnesses are being interviewed and more evidence of wrongdoing collected and Mueller is building his case, Trump will keep claiming he’s already been vindicated, it’s a Witch Hunt, and why isn’t the investigation over when it’s already been shown there’s no proof because … well, because he’s denied it all and that should be enough.

11 Likes

DJT’s tweet addiction and propensity for being an undisciplined and stupid blabbermouth makes him the best “Witness for the Prosecution.”

12 Likes

Here’s a strategy tip for The Don: Say you did it, then add that this proves your innocence because everybody knows that everything you say is a lie. Might work at least as well as anything else you say.

4 Likes

Let’s not forget that the real crime here is the Trump campaign’s collusion with the Russians.

Obstruction of Justice is one thing; treason is a crime of an entirely different character. Let’s see the Goppers ignore that one.

13 Likes

This reminds me of the dumb criminal stories they like to use on “Wait, Wait, Don’t Tell Me!”, like the burglar who was caught because he stopped to update his Facebook on one of the computers in the house he broke into. Literally that stupid. And quoting David Golove on the Valentine’s day meeting? Nice touch, Allegra

4 Likes

The Russians have had their fun. They shepherded a game show host through the GOP primaries. They punked the election process of most of the State governments. They walked into the Oval Office and were given critical Israeli intelligence, free for nothing. Russian fossil fuel business won’t have any environmental regulatory obstacles. NATO is weakened. American alliances with first world nations are badly damaged. The nation formerly know as the leader of the free world is divided against itself.

It was all laughably easy when everyone was for sale to the highest bidder. Putin, et al wish us the best luck cleaning up the mess.

28 Likes

Although, what they really want-relief on sanctions- is now virtually impossible with the bill that just passed the Senate by 97-2 and will pass the House by a similarly-lopsided and veto-proof margin. And I think NATO will come out strengthened in the end, because Macron and Merkel are stepping up to fill any gap and the hard Brexit is likely dead after the UK election. In the long run, Putin’s moves will be seen as gross overreach and a dismal failure.

20 Likes

The press has been wrapped up in debate over whether Comey’s testimony to the Senate was accurate. This isn’t merely Comey’s testimony versus Trump’s; which Trump has yet to give under oath anyhow. I don’t understand how any of what Comey said could be under serious debate. It’s irrational for anyone to think that Trump fired Comey over the Russia investigation with first having tried to get him to drop it. The firing doesn’t exist alone, it self-evidently is the final result of Trump failing to get Comey to drop the investigation.

11 Likes

The endgame for both the Russian collusion and now obstruction of justice has always been how the “president’s men” would act when they were forced to choose between justice and long prison terms. I would simply as them to choose wisely. Imagine how irate Trump will be when Ivanka is interviewed.

11 Likes

Predating the collusion are the oft-suspected nefarious deals involving Russian money and investments/bailouts in Trump’s and Kushner’s businesses and real estate holdings. It’s not hard to imagine how this might happen.

18 Likes