Discussion: Alabama Teacher Of The Year Resigns After State Calls Her Unqualified

Wish I could like this 100 times because it’s so f***ing true!!

1 Like

A better question might be:
Does the Alabama Department of Education have any kind of “Leadership” which doesn’t require use of their feet to eat?
I certainly hope that this fine Teacher moves on to a better, richer State where her talents and achievements can be better recognized and rewarded.
Alabama is just too stupid to keep someone like this.
Such is “life” in the Red States.
And Clown Cars full of people want the rest of America to look just like this.

1 Like

Public school teachers can never be good enough for conservatives. They expect them to be robots,work for nothing and not think. This teacher is as good as gold but still isn’t good enough because she respects herself and knows what she does is important. They don’t care.

1 Like

The problem is that in many state education departments and school districts, a clerical stafferoften lacking any formal education – is tasked with the responsibility for determining whether educators are “qualified” to teach their specific subjects and/or age groups.
Unfortunately, the clerical staffer often lacks the judgement and intellect to make sound policy decisions, relying solely on cookie-cutter guidelines.

2 Likes

Those who are the best do things differently from everyone else; if they did do things like everyone else they would just be average like everyone else. And because they do things differently they are a royal pain to mediocre administrators who demand everything be done by all the arcane rules of bureaucratic procedure. And o the best must go. Unless angry citizens rise up against the bureaucracy.

1 Like

Didn’t they check her credentials before they awarded her the, Teacher of the Year?
Did she get an asterisk or footnote?
Was she the only one? Does anyone make it to fifth grade in Alabama?

She also filled in as an athletic supporter I believe, haha.

Too few, apparently. Alabama has one of the highest student-to-teacher ratios in the country.

Ya see most of the students in 5th grade in Alabama are 19 and she is only certified to teach 12 year olds.

2 Likes

Well you know that they don’t really care about those “post-fetal” humans anyway.

1 Like

When you already rank last in education, losing one more good teacher is no big deal.

Well, “He” is not packin’ heat so why would she post it?

Adjunct to the for-profit education industry, certifications exist to cover the asses of corporate management. Certifications have little to do with actual knowledge or ability, and nothing to do with experience or skill at a job.

Often referred to as “tickets”.

1 Like

Morons.

But I doubt your PD includes Lysenko engineering tailored to please a radical socio-political faction. Your CAD programs are not altered to filter facts not approved by the state legislature, and your professional standards are not set by people whose most project involved a Kenner Girder and Panel set.

1 Like

They’ll have to fight Louisiana for that title!

Can you imagine a worse setting for education than Alabama?

TPM, more shoes will drop next week. Please keep us posted on the next steps of the State BOE.

Gosh, she weren’t ignorent enuff to teech in Alibama!

Heck, they put Dem guvs in prison in Alabama. What can we expect next?

Seems to me she’s over reacting. Facts are facts. She was certified for grades 1-3. That’s not the school board’s fault nor did they ask her to resign. In 21 years, why didn’t she get state certified for all grades? She worked in the same state, right?

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available