Discussion: After WH Silence, Trump Denies He Dangled Pardon For Border Official

That can be checked…unless he kills everybody who really heard it.

ETA He’s not a real dictator yet. If he were, this story would not have come out…and especially this fast

24 Likes

LIAR :lying_face:!

3 Likes

Trump did not write that tweet.

20 Likes

The impersonator got the tone right.

12 Likes

Who cares, tweets from that account are official communications from him…

Whoever wrote it captured the essence of Trump and Trump is a liar. Of course he dangled pardons.

17 Likes

Whoops, the Donnie alert just went off again…

25 Likes

Like an ongoing series of alerts during a shit storm tornado.

5 Likes

The Trump crime family has probably sent out their thugs to silence this guy.

1 Like

Trump denying it means A) he did say it and B) it wasn’t a joke.

21 Likes
“At no time has the President indicated, asked, directed or pressured the Acting Secretary to do anything illegal,” he said. “Nor would the Acting Secretary take actions that are not in accordance with our responsibility to enforce the law.”

Very hard to believe because we know senior Border Patrol leadership had to tell their agents not to listen to Trump’s directives lest they be held criminally liable.

28 Likes

He lies with the ease of a malignant narcissist which of course is what he is.

when asked if he still “loves” WikiLeaks as he said in 2016, told reporters in the Oval Office that he knows “nothing about WikiLeaks.”

“I know nothing about WikiLeaks. It’s not my thing and I know there is something having to do with Julian Assange. I’ve been seeing what’s happened with Assange,” Trump told reporters while meeting with South Korean President Moon Jae-in, referring to the arrest of WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange.

18 Likes

The problem is if he said it and there are no consequences, what then? What lessons will he have learned and how much farther does he keep pushing at the boundaries of our democracy? And will Republicans ever say enough? Sadly, I don’t see that.

11 Likes

But her emails, though, right Maggie?

But her emails…

20 Likes

i think the dems should subpeona all who were there and ask them under oath

7 Likes

Trump has several “twaddle doubles”

9 Likes

I suspect that Kellyanne can do a dead on impression of her boss on Twitter.

14 Likes

I suspect most of us can.

11 Likes

it has become apparent Tump can and does rule by tweet. why I don’t know accepted by the American people. How clever of him to find a way to dictate that has no rules or laws. America a nation of Chuckleheads simply accept his lawbreaking idiotic soul less tweets. blah blah go the pundits

8 Likes

You suppose she does it with props like cosplay dressing up? She puts on a “fat man prosthetic”, a blue wrinkled suit with too short trousers, an overlong red tie, and tops it off with her hair arranged in a Trump do. Then, and only then, does she sit down on the toilet and twaddle-tweet.

12 Likes