Discussion: After Summit, Trump Calls For An End To U.S.-South Korea 'War Games'

the ear piece was not for his translator, it was instructions coming in from Vlad the Putin.

22 Likes

He sure is generous with our security, when it comes to winning a news cycle.

27 Likes

That’s it???

Trump can rip off American taxpayers to the tune of a trillion dollars, and his bigly badly concession from North Korea is for Trump to let our defenses decay?

Very disappointing.

9 Likes

North Korea: Vague promises of rainbows and unicorns
US: Here, let me open the vault for you. In fact, here’s a key.

20 Likes

Kim has been accused of horrific rights abuses against his people.

“Accused of”?

Oh, AP. Please do change.

AP : Anodyne Pablum

17 Likes

…and the presidential limo is here to help you haul it all away.

6 Likes

Reading a lot of doubt about the immediate outcome. Have to remember that Trump is above all else a salesman. Of course it went great for him.

4 Likes

Seeing our president treat the leader of a country that oppresses and enslaves its people as an equal is horribly chilling. By the time Trump is done over there, we’ll be closer allies with North Korea than South.

We are very quickly becoming allied with the other totalitarian, anti-democratic regimes in the world . I don’t think I’m being alarmist by asking the obvious question – isn’t it becoming clear where we’re headed?

17 Likes

I’m glad we haven’t touched off a catastrophic war. Other than that, this is pretty much what everyone expected: a huge price paid for a few lines of empty verbiage. Oh look–I’ve summed up the Trump presidency.

It was humiliating. He has zero understanding of personal or national dignity, and demonstrated it in a moment stage-managed to lower us to their level.

30 Likes
  • The 11 musicians ordered killed by Kim via anti-aircraft guns in 2017.
  • The assassination of Kim’s brother via chemical weapons in 2017.
  • The labor and death camps.
  • The forced starvation of the NK populace.

No accusations here, just facts.

17 Likes

He wants to build a Trump hotel in Pyongyang.

6 Likes

The art of the deal requires bending over backwards for your adversary?

Never realized that’s how Trump plays this game…

4 Likes

When does Ivanka start selling shoes and fashion accessories in Pyonyang?

5 Likes

Not selling shoes…using NK labor camps to make them.

22 Likes

As you point out, North Korea is actively running labor and death camps. They are Nazi Germany if Nazi Germany had survived WWII.

I wonder if the AP would qualify the Holocaust as saying, “The Nazis have been accused of murdering millions of Jewish people.”

8 Likes

But in the hours before the summit, the White House unexpectedly announced Trump would depart Singapore earlier than expected — Tuesday evening — raising questions about whether his aspirations for an ambitious outcome had been scaled back.

Except, I read in The Hill that Trump changed his departure time after Kim set a deadline for the end of the talks: http://thehill.com/policy/international/391681-trump-kim-set-to-leave-singapore-hours-after-start-of-summit-report

Tail wagging the dog?

6 Likes

So THIS is the art of the deal? We gave up everything but removing our troops from the region for vague promises. The Clinton agreement was very specific with required verifications. This is all for show.

11 Likes

The Art of the Fold Like a Cheap Suit

15 Likes

The next question is will congress force donnie to cough up stronger guidelines/restraints? …okay, I can’t even keep a straight face. Ha. Although it’s very black humor.

2 Likes