Discussion: After Pelosi Rebuke, Gaetz Apologizes For Cohen Threat, Deletes Tweet

Shorter Gaetz: What? I can get in trouble for witness tampering?

35 Likes

I hope there was a private conversation that had Madame Speaker giving this worm the hairy eyeball.

19 Likes

Gaetz - just another Dumpy Doofus .

10 Likes

What a piece of shit this guy is.

20 Likes

He should be censured by the House, referred to the Justice Department, criminally investigated for obstruction, and expelled if indicted.

I doubt Speaker Pelosi will do any of that.

But she tweeted a sternly written tweet.

3 Likes

Someone in the House empowered to do so should immediately demand the Ethics Committee commence an investigation into Gaetz’s tweet, with a public statement the purpose is to determine if a criminal referral for witness tampering is warranted. Put the asshole on notice his balls are in the vise and a serious cranking close of the jaws is being explored.

27 Likes

Somehow I suspect that Ms. Pelosi’s private conversation with Gaetz was not as civil and nuanced. It probably went something more like, “Apologize and delete that tweet, you asshole, or I’ll refer this matter to the U.S. Attorney’s office for prosecution as witness tampering. Oh, and your little dog, too.”

32 Likes

Horse out of barn. Looks like you chose your words perfectly for your intent. Disgusting.

24 Likes

… and remind him which party now controls the Ethics Committee. He seems to have forgotten.

11 Likes

I hope he doesn’t get a makeover. His intention was clear and pulling down a post does not change the fact that he threatened someone giving testimony. It is like a bank robber coming back to the bank and giving some of the money back with the expectation of not being charged. If he doesn’t get charged by the DOJ, it will be a sign they are badly compromised.

20 Likes

All together now, on 3. And a 1 and a 2 and a 3:

LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP!

22 Likes

Too late sucker, I expect some action for your little fucking ass before house oversight, or house ethics…

1 Like

I would like to apologize for my earlier comments. My intent was just to be an asshole, not to do anything unethical.

7 Likes

You know Gaetz really, really wants to be on Trump’s crew. The way he tweeted and insulted Cohen is so Michael Cohen pre conviction.

And what’s up with these Republicans not understanding Twitter, your message went out as intended and there is no walking it back. It’s on the internet stupid, not some piece of paper that will fade over time.

9 Likes

Funny how some Republicans can’t understand that the two can, and are connected.

7 Likes

Expel that asshole from the House and send a criminal referral to the FBI for witness tampering.

Matt Gaetz is not an A-hole.

He is a B-hole like most other Republicans.

He does NOT have what it takes to be an A-Hole.

9 Likes

Your tweets are public documents, you witness tampering motherf*cker.

6 Likes

That’s what I was thinking, it’s “mission accomplished” at this point.

8 Likes