Discussion: After AL Abortion Ban's Bad Press, Some GOPers Change Tune On Abortion Access

If life begins at conception then why won’t the Social Security Admin allow the mother to register the blob for a lifetime SS Number?
Why don’t birth certificates have the date of conception on them?
Let’s hear from the pro-lifers, how about answering my 2 questions?

3 Likes

So what this article is saying is that the GOP has now successfully used extremist proposals to turn heretofore extremist positions into the “moderate” position? Because that’s how it reads and seems to treat the subject matter. GOPers who consider far-right extremism to be the extremism that it is, but who still support extremist positions, albeit less extreme relative to the other position, should not be treated as though they are speaking enlightened moderation.

Let me be even clearer: FUCK THEM ALL AND FUCK ANYONE WHO REPORTS ON THIS THE WAY THEY WANT IT TO BE REPORTED. THEY ARE TRYING TO USE THE THREAT OF RIDICULOUS, INHUMANE BANS TO MAKE LESS EXTENSIVE INROADS ON ABORTION RIGHTS SOUND LIKE AN OK COMPROMISE.

IT. IS. NOT. AND YOU SHOULD BE REPORTING ON THIS NONSENSE AS PRECISELY WHAT I JUST SAID IT IS, BECAUSE THAT’S WHAT IT IS.

NO MOVEMENT. NO COMPROMISE. NO MERCY. NO QUARTER.

4 Likes

Jeez. Why in the hell would anyone try to save THOSE faces?

1 Like

Oh, yes! They just, like TOTALLY changed their tune! They went from being against access to abortion all the way to being against access to abortion.

Baby steps, people! Baby steps!

1 Like

I want Tom Cotton to be required to endure the forced birth of a 27-pound Krakus canned ham.

5 Likes

This is why, while I’m not willing to money on it, I think SCOTUS strikes the AL down hard, if they even agree to hear it.

It’s too brazen and out in the open for a SCOTUS that likes to gut rights quietly, and couch it as doing anything but gutting rights.

If they do, it makes any candidate ready to pack SCOTUS much more viable and, that outcome more possible.

Then no one will ever care about what the five neocons think again.

I’m not sure they wanna risk that.

1 Like

If you can’t hang it around Cotton’s neck then a wooden stake into the neck will work nicely. (sarcasm icon inserted here)

As for me, I’m willing to compromise.

He can take the ham OUT of the can before being forced to give birth.

1 Like

They’re spinning like a whirling dervish…without the balance.

1 Like

That was the topic of an OpEd in the WaPo a few days ago.

6 Likes

This is a case of the dog catching the car, and not knowing what to do when presented with the ad-valorem tax.

7 Likes

FK 'EM ALL…They have decided for whatever Trump humping reason they want to try out, that WOMEN are unable to decide their medical decisions for THEMSELVES. Rape, incest, a hole in the rubber, whatever…They do not want to be pregnant. Period. They are not ‘murdering babies after they are born’. They are not murdering life. Roe v. Wade is the law of the land and women are willing to work under it’s restrictions up until their DOCTOR WHO WENT TO MEDICAL SCHOOL AND UNDERSTANDS ANATOMY says something different and maybe you need to get one a little later in the process.

3 Likes

Seems hard to remember these days, but there used to even be jokes around the difference between the “Catholic” and “Protestant” approaches to when life begins.

Like this one.

A priest, a minister, and a rabbi were debating the matter. The priest said, “life begins at conception.” The minister said, “life begins at birth.”

And the rabbi said, “you’re both wrong; life begins when the kids move out and the dog dies.”

13 Likes

Kinda like all fantasy [insert comment about the final episode of a certain TV show here]…

1 Like

Great post. I’d just add that if Roberts were to kill Roe, he would be handing Democrats the last bit of justification they need to add seats to the bench AND simultaneously creating the environment necessary to elect a Democratic president, Senate, and House. One of the few genuine advantages Republicans have is that their voters fully understand the importance of federal judges. Kill Roe and Democrats will too.

8 Likes

I hate Tom Cotton’s face. Both of them.

5 Likes

A quintessential American Treasure.

2 Likes

They’re just trying to move the goal post to by turning the whole conversation to rape, incest, and life of mother exceptions. Sadly a lot of pro-choice people are falling for the bait.

Clapping loudly!

And, I think the, “we need a white guy to beat the white guy,” meme is bull pucky. We want change, elect a woman.

3 Likes

Nor do we even consider legislating procedures relating to men’s sexuality. Oh no that is unthinkable.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available