Discussion: Actresses Lori Loughlin, Felicity Huffman Charged In College Admissions Scheme

To whom did she pay the money???

Good God. The FBI could arrest 40,000 rich people a year if $15,000 is the criteria they’re using to arrest people!

12 Likes

Imagine that.

2 Likes

So much for the myth of American meritocracy.

21 Likes

And you thought the only face of white privilege was male…

17 Likes

In the face of a Donald Trump presidency, this story is almost quaint.

32 Likes

This has been going on for decades. How did C-student George W Bush get into Yale?

31 Likes

Just saw the news conference: the amounts of $ exchanged is incredible. Upwards of $250,000 and more!

4 Likes

So when will Trump, his kids, his cabinet and the entire RNC be indicted on the same charges?

20 Likes

Disguise $15,000 as a charitable donation to get your lazy kid in college, they call it a crime. Do it with $15 million, you’ll not only get your kid graduated with a Gentleman’s C, they’ll name a building after you too.

55 Likes

I think the Bushes openly made the (‘charity’) donations to Yale. This story suggests test scores were being faked in this case. Did the school admission officials know?

Morally, not different. But legally???

11 Likes

As long as the Legacy scam stays intact…

24 Likes

Well, the unions are dead, the teachers are dying, and the trial lawyers are completely marginalized. Time to go after the Hollywood donors to the Democratic Party…

7 Likes

Then off to the “camps” for the small donors…

4 Likes

Does anyone know how to find the actual indictment docuemnt?

Yep…

Too bad these actors weren’t more rich they could have simply donated to the schools in exchange for leniency at admissions for their children

12 Likes

One would think, if they have the money to do this … maybe having spent some of it (and maybe more time with their kids) earlier in life on tutors, after school programs, trips and whatnot would have developed sophisticated, mature, thoughtful kids aware of the advantages with which they were born…

Oh wait - my bad.

I’m not a parent so don’t pretend to speak as one. That said - what sh$%^y parents.

9 Likes

Well… the Beatles famously sang “… money can’t buy me love…” but in Trump’s America everything else is for sale.

2 Likes

O no. When their privilege is up, nobody can touch a white female. Literally - if you touch one they’ll scream.

4 Likes