Discussion: ABC Mulling Keeping 'Roseanne' Show Without Roseanne Barr

1 Like

I’m surprised it took ABC so long to float this idea.

2 Likes

“I must go now. My deplorables need me.”

NOTE: ROSEANNE DIED ON THE WAY BACK TO HER HOME PLANET

10 Likes

Wouldn’t work - they killed off Dan, and yet he returned. lol

4 Likes

Oh Good Keep that female Munt in the headlines a little longer

1 Like

Why?

4 Likes

This cleverly foreshadows the Trump Administration without Donald Trump.

24 Likes

They could call it “The Roseanne Show Without Roseanne Barr”. It would have twice the Roseanne in it. The rubes wouldn’t know the difference.

3 Likes

I don’t think this is going to play. I’m sensing a rise in “economic anxiety” among this show’s viewership.

Just a shame we’ve gone from that iconic Rosie the riveter to Rosie the racist.

12 Likes

The Rosanne Barred Show.

32 Likes

“And all I got was this lousy pod cast type show on Newmax TV” ~ twitter rage and whiner RB

2 Likes

And a relaunch of the Cosby show without Bill Cosby.

9 Likes

I understand that Sarah Huckabee may soon be available.

28 Likes

When they tried that in Russia and got rid of Yeltsin, you got four terms of Putin.
Perhaps the GOP has a new young gun to lead the US out of the wilderness of democratic process and institution building to a sleek new robotic fascist future.

Perhaps in this new story line she could have been indicted and tried by Mueller because it was actually she, as one of the trusted Trump minions, that was the bag lady that paid off the Russian/Ukranian hackers that broke into the DNC servers. In this story line, she is doing 7 to 25 in the federal pen.

She can be an off camera character. I am sure that with this as the premise of the series they would have no problem recruiting the original writing team that she drove from the show with her vicious insults and comments. My guess is that they would be very creative in their comic takedown of this funny, talented but mean and deeply flawed human being.

4 Likes

Jeebus, just let it die a dignified death.

8 Likes

Let it die the undignified death she deserves.
If ABC/Disney wants to do a reboot of an old ABC show, why not the wonderful “Pushing Daisies”? It only lasted one season because a writer’s strike and low ratings killed it off, although it had a loyal following. I think the public has matured a lot more over the last few years since the series was cancelled, and an off-kilter comedy like “Pushing Daisies” - which had more originality and humor than “Roseanne” could ever have - could be a big success, especially when we’ve had huge ratings-getters like “Once Upon A Time” and all of the Marvel and DC shows and other fantasy shows on the air.

2 Likes

If we are talking about resurrecting the dead, what about Firefly? (sigh)

But no, it was an ensemble cast, and who could replace Shepherd Book?

1 Like

“Dan”

Called it first.

2 Likes

Why add insult to injury? Just let it go, create something new.

3 Likes