Discussion: A Tale Of Two McKinney Cops, From A Former Police Officer

I couldn’t have said it better myself.

All true. Word, and you were kind.

Short answer: “No!”

I’m shocked, shocked I tell ya, that FauxComments would lie like a rug denying all his pro ZKiIllerman and pro police apologist posts. Sure, FauxComments is the real victim here, not to mention the abusive cops who shoot an brutalize unarmed black teens. We all know him around here, just ignore his vapid rants subtly defending the bad apples.

The victims, well, they all deserved it they weren’t perfect little angels.

We feel safer already for having all that police abuse against dark skinned people. eyeroll
W… power. N/M. [snark]

It’s all true. Every single word.

We who are familiar with Comments’ recklessly insensitive comments know every word you wrote is 1000% true.

Too funny how disagreeing with Comments is some form of attack and an opportunity for him to play the victim. Similarly to how the abusive cop is the victim and the girl beaten into the ground was the problem because she was no angel. eyeroll

Yep, the actual victim’s the problem cause she may have been involved in the argument and gave police verbal sass. [snark]
The abuser playing the victim, and demonizing the victim is GOTP 101 playbook. Well done, MC

Posters disagree with you, me, sooners and other known posters on the thread all the time. Most try a polite, non incendiary reply politely sticking to the issue and making our argument. But for Comments, whenever somebody disagrees with him they’re disrespecting him, being unstable douches or whatever.

Must be a great guy to be around irl. [snark]
The worst is he can’t just zip it ever. If you can’t argue on the point, at least zip it. Not that person.

Indeed. The on-line lynch mob forms quickly, draws immediate conclusions based on a single video, and is more than willing to deprive a person of a fair hearing if they can bleat endlessly about “black lives matter” and so forth.

It’s now moot. He quit.

However, cops often do stuff that from the outside looks bad. There are often reasons. Sometimes not. Those guys who are shooting 12 YOs within 5 sec of arriving on the scene? No sympathy for them - arrest and try them for murder. The guy who shot the guy in the back? Same response. But many other cases that are tried on the internet? I hold a more nuanced opinion.

1 Like

What went wrong in McKinney is better hiring practices and training.

Best post ever!!!

This post sums up the major part of the problem in a nutshell. He shows up yelling, screaming and verbally abusing the kids without provocation, but his fragile ego is angry when that one girl sasses back. Then he goes all uber ape on her. Unbelievable. smh

Then people wonder why African Americans tremble in fear and may have inappropriate fight and flight responses at the sight of police. Maybe school curriculum might help.

1 Like

@judie_vc , @MrComments

Stop your threadjacking personal feud now or take it to PM.

Any more such posting and you’ll get some time to cool off.

Also,we will not tolerate accusing other posters of being puppets. If you suspect sockpuppets notify the moderators and we’ll use the tools we have available to investigate.

It truly is not difficult to disagree with people without resorting to all the personal comments.

It’s on video., the cop went Rambo on a kid half his size and abused her. What’s there to wait for?

Agreed, I took the bait and made an ass of myself instead of ignoring. Next time I will just ignore, or if appropriate, flag. I just don’t like when people make up stuff about me…but that’s still no excuse.

I posted an opinion to MrC and two posters unrelated to the incident replied out of the blue That seemed suspicious, so I took the bait and mentioned I thought it was suspicious.

I didn’t know that was against forum rules. I didn’t intend to highjack the thread but felt it was appropriate to reply to attacks. My bad.
Edit: I see MrC managed to continue the attack in a roundabout way so I’ll rebut that I didn’t make anything up. Last post.

Casebolt wasn’t the only cop there…

Why was he not encouraged by his fellow officers to cease and desist in his behavior…?

Casebolt is a bad cop with a gun…
folks are trying to excuse his behavior as his having an emotionally ‘tough’ day. If that was the case , then he should not have been ‘armed and dangerous’.

So you think things might have gone better if the angry white woman and the put-upon black teen had had guns. Really?

So if you were sitting on the jury and they played this video for you,what would you decide? Or if you were his boss and saw it? What would you do you were his boss and took that video yourself ?

Put another way that guy’s job was toast even before he resigned.

He fired himself. Guess he knew what the rest of the relevant evidence would show.

3 Likes

It’s possible to be prejudiced for some group.

that’s true. it probably does end up being rather against the not group people, but I get your drift.

If I was on the jury or is boss, I’d want to hear from a few people who were there also to find out the total context. Had she been previously fighting just before the video, etc. There had been reports of fighting, so I’d want to know that. Once I found out that was not the case, I’d then know he was “guilty”. But as a juror or owner, I’d want as much info available as possible. And I’d say that if he appeared to do something heroic too. Did the video tell the whole story? What if I saw a video of him coming from near a burning building with a baby in his arms? Hero, right? Then I might find out a firefighter went into the building and rescued the kid, then handed it off to the cop and went in for more kids. Now it’s really the firefighter who is the hero.

“When good cops protect bad cops”
No. Good cops don’t protect bad cops. The only cops protecting bad cops are other bad cops. Show me a cop who actively works to keep scum like this Casebolt guy off their force, and I’ll show you a good cop.

As someone who thinks he shouldn’t be fired based on this video, he should be in prison for assaulting a teenage girl, I give you this. The other cops were also on the scene, presented with largely the same information, and as the article points out they’re all interacting professionally with the civilians. The difference between Casebolt’s behavior and theirs is just too extreme to say, “Well let’s try to look at his extenuating circumstances”. Any circumstances that could result in a cop being this unhinged are circumstances that should result in him being pulled off the street. Preferably before he assaults people.

The fundamental problem behind all of this is that too many Americans have gotten used to dismissing casual police brutality as an unavoidable side effect of their jobs. Police officers should have no license at all to mistreat people. Crashing a pool party, or for that matter talking back to a cop, doesn’t justify any physical response. Other countries manage to avoid having police brutality be a part of everyday life, however in America there just isn’t sufficient will to create a system where bad police behavior is actually punished appropriately.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available