Discussion: A Smirking McConnell Says He'd 'Fill' SCOTUS Vacancy If One Opens In 2020

1 Like

Did anyone think otherwise?

29 Likes

Can a lip-less person smirk?

8 Likes

When will the seat of the KY senior senator be vacant? I hope soon.

1 Like

I’m shocked! – Shocked! – to find there is gambling going on in here.

3 Likes

give me 5 minutes alone with that smug prick and a blowtorch

7 Likes

WORSE.THAN.TRUMP.
He is the one who has done the most to damage democracy.
Trump proved to be a useful idiot to McConnell and Putin.
They are both working towards the same goal .
AMIRITE MITCH?

35 Likes

If this is a surprise to anyone then you haven’t been paying attention.

The question is: where is chicken shit Chuck Schumer. Schumer is as lame a minority leader as we’ve ever seen in the history of the US Senate.

Either Schumjer steps up and starts doing his job…or he must go. Start by winning the propaganda war Vs McConnell and Trump. NO JUDICIAL NOMINEES for a President that ignores subpoenas from the congress…shut down the whole government if you have to. Schumer…stand up and take a stand…heck, stand up and wave your hands and that would be an improvement.

Hey Pelosi…do you think for one red Republican second that Mitch McConnell would not have already impeached Trump if he was a Democrat? Your political calculus is going to get Trump re-elected in 2020!

9 Likes

He’s the Trumpmaker.

2 Likes

Is there any way for Dems to stop that? Will it work if they all refuse to attend the confirmation hearing?

For other nominations, McConnell promised a floor vote even if the nominee didn’t make it out of committee. I doubt that anything the Dems would try would succeed, because he would simply change the rules.

4 Likes

I’m not a violent man, but…

12 Likes

Congress must have repealed the Biden Rule while I was away …

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing

5 Likes

If the Dems boycott the confirmation hearing the Repugs get to laugh their nominee in to the SC. Sort of what Mitch does now when he thinks of his “rule” that a SC nominee can’t be seated during a presidential election year.

8 Likes

Serious question—How do you convince the voting public that playing by the rules matters more than winning the “game”?

7 Likes

No and no, unfortunately.

4 Likes

The people who fell for McConnell’s bushwa are too dumb to hum.

1 Like

Well, Mitch will obviously up the ante after Kavanaugh. I figure former dicso maven, part-time coke dealer now a born again (two or three times over) evangelical is a shoe in.

4 Likes

It’s a reasonable question, but I think it’s based on a possibly faulty assumption, i.e., that, when it comes to packing the courts and getting tax cuts for the rich, Traitor Turtle cares what the public thinks. He doesn’t. And if his useful idiots, i.e., the Rethug Senate caucus ever got concerned, he’d keep them in line.

As sickneffintired noted, he’s done more to destroy American democracy than any other person that I can recall.

14 Likes