Discussion: A Day After Report, White Supremacist Loses Job With Defense Contractor

Where in this story (other than the headline) does it say that this guy lost his job?

If you’re going to post a story from another news organization, at least do it correctly…

From the actual article on ProPublica:

Update, July 6, 2018: One day after being exposed as a member of a violent white supremacist group, Michael Miselis has lost his job as an aerospace engineer. In an email, company spokesman Tim Paynter told ProPublica and Frontline that Miselis “is no longer an employee of Northrop Grumman.” Paynter did not say whether Miselis was fired or resigned from his position.

21 Likes

Wow. This is huge. Teach these fucks there will be no rock they can hide under, and people will remember this. That dimwit ruined his entire career. Let’s hope the right wing media makes a big deal out of it so the news gets out. Best news of the week for me.

8 Likes

A reporter should ask Wes Bush when he found out about Miselis and his extra-curricular activities.

3 Likes

Nice to see. A small thing some would protest, but still, nice to see.

2 Likes

Who knew, carrying a tiki torch has such consequences?

#BegoneNazis

3 Likes

They heard from reporters in May & only fired him yesterday so it’s not great courage I don’t think

2 Likes

Today, in a status message to Northrop’s internal IM system posted by Miselis and reviewed by ProPublica and Frontline, Miselis wrote, “Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.”

Who ya gonna believe - me or your lyin’, multicultural eyes?

3 Likes

Translation: “Don’t believe a thing I say.”

4 Likes

I recommend everyone to watch the video which is in the Pro Publica article referenced here. Here is a youtube link to the video:

It is still hard for me to conceive of such hateful people sliding along without being thoroughly investigated by law enforcement…in some cases not even investigated at all. These people are so full of hate it makes me sick.

7 Likes

Northrup is a large corp. I assume they’d get the lawyers involved and make sure all the ducks were in a row before offering him chance to resign before firing him.

3 Likes

Looking at this picture, it’s funny how the tough guys of the alt-white-supremacist gaggle have to show up to protests with protective gear, while the supposed snowflake-cucks of the left don’t.

Seems like they’re afraid to go out on the street.

6 Likes

When approached by reporters, Miselis said he didn’t know anything about the events in Charlottesville, and when asked about his affiliation with RAM said, “I think you got the wrong guy.”

Today, in a status message to Northrop’s internal IM system posted by Miselis and reviewed by ProPublica and Frontline, Miselis wrote, “Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.”

I see the #AmericanNazis have the same courage of their convictions as their German role models.

5 Likes

NG (or any other defense conglomerate) may not have strong interest in rooting these people out by themselves, but you can rest assured they are not interested in bad PR.

Bummer about that PhD you slaved away on, dude. You’re radioactive now. Sad.

5 Likes

What kind of a world do we live in where a man who works actively to subvert the government and rule of law is fired from a sensitive information industrial job where he could wreak more havoc. Oh the times…

5 Likes

“Miselis belongs to the Rise Above Movement, a racist Southern California group GANG”

FIFY

8 Likes

Michael Miselis sounds like a prime pick to be a Trump White House employee.

Not necessarily. I expect him to be Special Assistant to the President for Science and Technology by next week.

5 Likes

If white supremacist advocacy merits being stripped of a government security clearance, and renders you unfit for a DoD job, then a few thousand soldiers are going to have to be given their discharge.

4 Likes

And everything you see. But why he expected less than that, who can fathom?