Discussion: 60 Big-Name Businesses Join Coalition Against Missouri 'Religious Liberty' Bill

Sen. Bob Onder - “Missourians are going to resent being bullied by corporate elites,”
Onder said. He went on to say that “consumers are going to wake up and
start boycotting these companies.”

Boycotting companies for supporting equal rights that the majority of Americans support? The derp runs deep in the state of Missouri. Now don’t jump on me for singling out MO–the derp runs deep in a lot of state governments. MO is just the target of the day.

1 Like

At least in Missouri there is still a viable firewall against the worst of the derp. In Kansas, the derp has won. Many of my friends have moved across the state line, and we are definitely going to do so if the next two election cycles don’t produce a change.

“Missourians are going to resent being bullied by corporate elites,” Onder said. He went on to say that “consumers are going to wake up and start boycotting these companies.”

So, you’re saying that one half of the buyer-seller transaction should take its business elsewhere if it dislikes the behavior, statements, or positions of the other?

Well, Monsanto agrees. Free-market, baby.

Also, Missouri is going to boycott Monsanto and Purina? Yeah, I don’t think so. It’s just good that MO doesn’t have any large cities or major sports franchises that bring in millions of dollars of tourist revenue, because the loss of that could put a serious dent in the state’s GDP.

1 Like

Hilarious. I suppose this idiot thinks no one is going to buy Monsanto’s Round UP now, the most prolific and widespread used fertilizer in the state and entire planet. Go ahead. Let your crops die and gardens eaten up by worms, don’t use any Monsanto products (I wish the entire planet would boycott Monsanto and their GMO’s, actually, but the company has serious clout in MO, and in the USA’s corrupt congress of course).

Uh, just a moment, The St. Louis Cardinals are one of the most successful baseball franchises in the league. And we lost the Rams to LA way before this. The Chiefs and the Royals still live in Kansas City. The Blues are about to start the playoffs.

My snark, let me show you it. :smile:

As you must realize, however, this year there can be only one.