Discussion: 5 Months Later, Dems Demand Info On Trump's Meddling In FBI Building Plans

1 Like

Trump has replaced the “swamp” with a bottomless pit of corruption and self-dealing.

26 Likes

For the past 2 years there has been a relentless tide of corruption and scandal from this administration being enabled by the Republican Congress. It is a huge relief to see our democracy, while down, has not been counted out yet

22 Likes

I know I should be shocked, but I think I’m shell-shocked…

Another day, another Donnie grift.

Let the subpoena’s fly…

6 Likes

This is a Big Fucking Deal. It appears that Trump made inappropriate demands/requests and then his administration lied about it. Given that it impacts his own personal finances (Trump was trying to prevent a competitor to his hotel and keep the stream of business he was getting) its a ripe (stinking, ripe, cess-poll) area for hearings and investigation. It combines (1) lies, (2) personal enrichment at the taxpayers expense, and (3) a conspiracy to cover it all up. Got get em Cummings…

And P.S. A judge also ordered GSA to turn over further documents to CREW on this very issue today. https://federalnewsnetwork.com/agency-oversight/2019/03/gsa-ordered-to-release-fbi-hq-details-previously-redacted-in-foia-request/

This is probably the most direct abuse of office for personal gain by Trump, and should get a lot more heat than it has been getting.

39 Likes

Iirc, if the FBI had gone ahead with the move to the suburbs, a plan long in the works, Trump was worried about the possibility of a new hotel being built there in direct competition with his own hotel just steps away,

14 Likes

Sorry, Spin, was writing before I saw your reply,lol.

2 Likes

He’s developed the “swamp” into a giant cesspool.

9 Likes

His base continually parrots the Faux News line of “when will these endless investigations end and the investigations into Crooked Hitlery begin?”

9 Likes

And, just to be clear, that building has been despised and considered likely-insecure for a long time. So the president is (again) damaging our country’s security in the pursuit of personal gain.

19 Likes

The Democrats warned the GSA Wednesday: “If you fail to comply, we will be focused to consider alternative means to obtain compliance.”

Translation: “Don’t fuck with us, bitches. You’re not dealing with the likes of Paul Ryan, Kevin McCarthy, Jim Jordan, and Mark Meadows anymore!”

10 Likes

Yup, this is oversight, not naked “wrestling” in the gym, so not a lot that Jordan and his friends can ad…

8 Likes

What is so amusing about this is that Faux News and their Repuglikan cohort have yet to realize that the investigations are just beginning. Further, given the huge and long trail of corrupt and criminal behavior that has been going on for the past two years, yes-in-deedy, these investigations may well be endless.

And by the way, you idiots investigated Hillary for over four years and found NOTHING!

13 Likes

Hadn’t seen this! Thanks

1 Like

and also that GSA Administrator Emily Murphy had incorrectly told Congress that she hadn’t met with Trump

Ha reminds me of that time I incorrectly told my Mom that I did not break a ball-point pen and leak the ink all over the new couch and I had no idea who did! You can imagine her response…

“DON’T YOU INCORRECTLY TELL TO ME, YOUNG MAN!”
“<crying> Mom, I’m not incorrectly telling, I swear!”

11 Likes

WH …

" Can't they just not even forget one ? ? ..... I mean ... ONE ? ? ...."

Got news for ya guys …

We haven’t gotten around to looking into all the bullshit you were
pulling with those old Cabinet Secretaries either ----

---   But We Will ---

COUNT… ON … IT —

3 Likes

Cesspool is closer. I’m a wetland ecologist and I really resent the term swamp being used as a pejorative. Swamps – along with marshes, fens, bogs, even vernal pools and perched epiaquents – represent valuable ecological niches that not only provide critical habitat for a huge range of organisms, they provide functions and services very important to the human condition. They help improve water quality, sequester carbon, reduce the risk of flooding, and offer wonderful recreational opportunities; they are a good thing. So please, rather than continuing to use the word swamp, let’s identify DC under this administration as what it is: a revolting maelstrom of toxic criminality foisted upon us by a typhoon of stupidity, deceit, and fear.

17 Likes

Answer: There were plenty of endless investigations into Hillary. They found nothing. Even before there were investigations into Trump, a multitude of criminal actions on his part have been revealed.

6 Likes

… also that GSA Administrator Emily Murphy had lied to Congress that she hadn’t met with Trump to discuss the FBI staying at its current location, when photos showed that she had.

Fixed.

Cc @matt_shuham

8 Likes

Indeed I get a company to come by and pump out my septic tank . The contents are more akin to the Trump administration

7 Likes