Discussion: 5 Insights Into Sessions' Support Of Separating Immigrant Parents From Kids

1 Like

Yeah, you’ll look into it. Maybe a Democratic Senator could tag along?

2 Likes

These Republicans - All Heart. . . .

1 Like

How about this insight — Sessions, Nielsen, and the other Trumpsters are evil f’ing racist bastards who don’t care how much damage they do.

6 Likes

Sure, now that they’ve had time to Theresienstadt the hell out of it.

1 Like

Here’s some more “insights”:

1. He’s an asshole
  2. He’s a racist asshole.
  3. He’s a racist sexist asshole.
  4. He’s a racist sexist homophobic asshole.
  5. In other words, he is Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III.
7 Likes

Hey Beauregard, I realize that you are just itchin’ to get back to the plantation days where you could to whatever you wanted to the help, but the rest of us have moved on to the 21st century and are not really interested in putting up with this crap.

1 Like

The first facility that Sen. Jeff Merkley will be allowed to visit is the Potemkin Village for Illegal Children Welcome Center.

2 Likes

He compares them to criminals, but really he probably believes they are subhumans.

4 Likes

" Sessions does not think it’s a “moral right” for refugees and asylum seekers to be allowed access to legal counsel "

Very nice way of saying they are not human, they have no voice, no rights so basically chattel to be removed.

edit [or what Ebal said]

3 Likes

Sessions view of “ports of entry”…

5 Likes

Animals, indeed. Problem is, that is a tag befitting the GOP, not immigrants. This policy is deplorable.

2 Likes

Dude, these people ARE making asylum claims! These are people taken into custody AT BORDER CROSSINGS! They ARE trying to establish refugee status. These are not people caught in the desert at night, these are not people caught in immigration sweeps in San Diego. These are people coming up to security and saying "I have nowhere to go and I wish to gain asylum in the United States. These are the people who are being treated as though they’ve broken some law or other. They have not. They self-surrender at the border crossings and then they’re treated like animals. We should be ashamed of ourselves for not already sharpening the pitchforks.

13 Likes

4.) Sessions does not think it’s a “moral right” for refugees and asylum seekers to be allowed access to legal counsel to help them navigate the complicated legal waters of asylum requests.

Let’s never forget that this is the brain trust who believes “navigating the complicated legal waters” is so easy even a child can do it.

For instance, take the opinion of senior Justice Department official Jack. H. Weil, a longtime immigration judge, in a deposition in federal court in Seattle:

“I’ve taught immigration law literally to three-year-olds and four-year-olds,’’ Weil said. “It takes a lot of time. It takes a lot of patience. They get it. It’s not the most efficient, but it can be done.’’

He repeated his claim twice in the deposition, also saying, “I’ve told you I have trained three-year-olds and four-year-olds in immigration law,’’ according to a transcript. “You can do a fair hearing. It’s going to take you a lot of time.’’

Legal and child psychology experts ridiculed Weil’s assertions, noting that key milestones for three- and four-year-olds include cooperating with other children, saying simple sentences and building towers of blocks.
[source: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/judge-says-three-year-old-girl-can-represent-herself-in-immigration-court-a6912336.html]

By that logic it makes one wonder why Tweety the Tapeworn would need an army of lawyers to represent him.

6 Likes

Here’s some more “insights”:

He's an asshole
He's a racist asshole.
He's a racist sexist asshole.
He's a racist sexist homophobic asshole.
In other words, he is Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III.

And he’s a racist asshole trying to keep his job

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to his upcoming autobiography, Klansman Without a Hood.

2 Likes

But they’re not white people.

3 Likes

“Every time somebody, Hugh, gets prosecuted in America for a crime, American citizens, and they go to jail, they’re separated from their children,”

Except we’re talking about people who have not committed a crime, have not been prosecuted for a crime, have not been convicted of a crime, have not gone to jail for a crime, but are still separated from their children. Other than that it is a perfect analogy.

9 Likes

Sessions is clearly trying to inject the right consoling words and dogwhistles into English-sounding replies that don’t really address the questions asked. He knows what he/Trump wants to do and he doesn’t want to explain why. It wouldn’t bear scrutiny, and he’s smart enough to know it. Jeff Sessions only sounds dumb. In contrast to his boss, who lets it all hang out.

2 Likes

We’re talking about very young children being taken away from a parent, put into cells, maybe no chance of ever seeing that parent again, and a feeling of abandonment that will overwhelm that kid’s life permanently.

“Kids as young as nine years old, seven years old — cases of children as young as 18 months — ripped out of the arms of their mother and putting those children into government-run shelters for a very specific reason: To punish the immigrants.”

1 Like