Discussion: 11 Days Later, Fox News Retracts Story On Phony 'Navy SEAL'

1 Like

So wait, was that fake news or fake-fake news? It’s so hard to tell with FUX News…

20 Likes

I’m sure the so-called president will soon tweet about the “failing Fox FAKE NEWS. Sad!” And a follow-up tweet about the “loser who is disrespecting our sacred military” and still a third tweet inquiring “when will I get that giant glass presidential seal?”

18 Likes

He was joking.

7 Likes

Don Shipley has a bunch of youtube videos of him confronting fake SEALs, a surprising number of whom are involved in Republican politics.

22 Likes

Gosh…remember the days when FOX whined and sniveled because Obama didn’t respond for 4 days? Good times…

9 Likes

Game recognize game.

No wonder he’s a Trumpy.

4 Likes

I’m watching for their apology for planning and executing the breakdown of thoughtfulness and civility in American politics and society.

I have it down for January 2053.

9 Likes

So how does a story like this even get started? Somebody has to have a publicist.

6 Likes

“It got bigger and bigger,” Garofalo told Navy Times. “What I did I‘m ashamed of, and I didn’t mean to cause so much disgrace to the SEALs.”

Dude - You didn’t disgrace the SEALS. You disgraced yourself.

31 Likes

As long as Fox in handing out retractions, how ´bout this?:

“Unfortunately, all of Garofalo’s - and Trumps, and ours- claims turned out to be untrue.”

7 Likes

Double down, dude! Double down! Sheesh. Wannabe.

4 Likes

“Unfortunately, all of Garofalo’s claims turned out to be untrue…

… and we knew it all along but unfortunately got caught. Damn."

9 Likes

Garofalo is simply following the example of his commander-in-chief, whose Vietnam-era bravery battling STDs in Manhattan’s night spots is the stuff of legend.

25 Likes

So they retracted the story and issued a correction on the website. How many elderly Fox viewers will see it, though? Most just watch the television channel.

13 Likes

…which would be 90% of Fox viewers. Ages 75 and older is their core demographic.

5 Likes

From one phony coward to another…I suspect the glass is actually plastic and the seal is actually Russian.

6 Likes

Fox Fake News?

1 Like

He had a good mentor in the Short Fingered Vulgarian. As Little Donnie dose his minions follow his lead. When the person occupying the White House behaves badly it gives his cult followers licence to behave badly as well.

2 Likes

Battling perhaps, but obviously not defeating…

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available