Despite CDC Warning, Trump Doesn’t Sound Too Concerned About Coronavirus | Talking Points Memo

President Donald Trump has treated the global coronavirus outbreak like most obstacles in his way — as a messaging opportunity.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1293176

Tuesday didn’t pass without a shot at Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY), who alongside other Democrats has criticized the White House’s ask for a $2.5 billion coronavirus response package — which would include transferring $535 million currently marked for fighting the Ebola virus…

… and then transferring the balance to building The Wall.

5 Likes

Dems need to hit Trump hard on this, starting immediately, so he is forced to own it when the virus starts to spread in the U.S.

16 Likes

JFurtiadfjsdf sadfj sidf sdf ierrdfadasdjifqew9ro0qw3f opu0osfahbedjio esoji esi e

I need to pound on something else besides my keyboard… :rage:

8 Likes

If only.

Not too concerned about it.

I know for a FACT that if this were closer to the election, they would be using it as an excuse to suspend elections from an emergency standpoint and claiming polling places would be a vector for transmittal.

Even global pandemics can be boiled down, in his head, to what is good for Chump at this moment.

4 Likes

Trump is mentally ill and people won’t admit it!

4 Likes

He’s contracted the moronavirus long ago.

8 Likes

He has also spread it to everyone around him.

7 Likes

People with pre-existing conditions are said to be particularly vulnerable.

Does the genetic ineptitude that gallops through the Trump family qualify?

Fingers crossed…

2 Likes

Gotta keep that bad hombre CoronaBeer virus out…

1 Like
6 Likes

Dear Goddess, not the beer that tastes like…I don’t know, cabbage maybe? It’s second only to Modelo in shear horribleness.

This says it all
Lying Kochsucker gives nation the Faux treatment
You will burn in hell Kudlow
You know you’re lying and it is my sincere wish you contract Coronovirus

5 Likes

Has he marked on their graph or map of what they think will happen with a sharpie of what he thinks will happen?

4 Likes

It’s not contained, he ought to be concerned, and his stupidity is going to kill people.
The next person in the US who catches this virus ought to be the Unconcerned Twitter-philiac

Too bad karma doesn’t work that fast.

2 Likes

Many people are saying Donnie drew a Sharpie bubble around the entire United states to protect us, so there’s that…

6 Likes

I’m not sure you should be saying that in polite company. If the moderators ever figure out what “sadfj” means, you’ll be banned for life. Probably reported to the FBI as well.

9 Likes

I would never wish something like that on anyone.

At least my 2016 self never would have. 2020 is a whole different me I’m sorry to say. So, yes, let them suffer all the pains of hell.

4 Likes

My first guess was Klingon, but it’s not quite guttural enough…

3 Likes