DeSantis Takes A Beating As Another Big School District Defies Him On Masks | Talking Points Memo

There are no library staff there. The auditorium in Jax Library is now a Regeneron publicity palooza also dispensing this treatment. Now Fox News is promoting the Regeneron drug as a vaccine alternative. If you are already infected, it will not help. Both DeSantis and Abbott have personally benefited through campaign contributions while the Regeneron doses are provided to the states with federal tax dollars.

In case you missed it:

20 Likes

Reminded me of this tweet that I saw a few days ago.

36 Likes

In the same manner that Republicans would for years whip up fears of criminals coming to hurt your family Democrats need to flip the narrative on its head. Republicans don’t care if your kids are safe and healthy in school and if there are hospitals available for them.

15 Likes

DeSantis hopped into a high power rocket focused on “political shtick” and now can’t get out - He bet big on - pounding away on the Anti-Mask / anti-vaccine requirement … crap … basically figured on looking like a macho tough guy spewing stuff similar to …

• … this is all over blown
  • … the fire’s all over - - everybody can go back into the building …
  • … the hurricane only dealt us a glancing blow - its OK to go about your business

and as it became more and more clear that he had FUBARed this royally - that fundamentally he is just killing people - he also became more petulantly intransigent - fiercely psycho … with intense anger … and it became clear that he is committed to perpetuating his approach - no matter the number of lives it may cost - because - the way he sees it - he cannot turn back now! He figures he has to kill his way to victory …

He cannot win if he relents and supports mask wearing - his base will turn on him and - the world will not just “forget” the atrocities that he has now already caused … he is like a kidnapper who has shot his hostage in the leg and disfigured their face … he is now committed to killing the his hostage & figuring out how to make the body vanish.

13 Likes

“No politician is above the law, even the Palm Beach County school board members,” Pushaw said

When does a governors fiat become law. I always thought legislators had a role.

12 Likes

Wow !! I couldn’t have said it better myself. While Biden is not having a great week, DeSantis is having a worse one. Biden can and likely will grind him into the ground on this one, particularly if and when a youngster from FL gets sick of COVID at school and has to go to the hospital.

14 Likes
1 Like

Really. Is this guy really a republican? If so, why?

1 Like

Librarians are kind and compassionate people; they did write off her overdue fees. I t was the best they could do under the circumstances.

8 Likes

This is from his storefront.

12 Likes

Through a feeding tube, asshole.

23 Likes

Pretty sure they don’t let you drink beer in the ICU or while on a ventilator.

11 Likes

If you haven’t mastered that yet, you’re dumber than I thought. I didn’t think that was possible.

2 Likes

I suspect you are right. I recall hearing that somewhere :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Desantis Reelection Campaign during these difficult times.

4 Likes

Have we had a story yet where a child (12-15) died because a parent is anti-vax and refused to get their child vaccinated? I feel like that it’s only a matter of time before such stories start breaking through, especially once the vaccine is approved for under-12s. And I imagine several of these stories will come out of the swamps of Florida.

11 Likes
1 Like

Keep in mind, conservatives are only pro-life…
until it takes its first breath.

12 Likes

Actually it leads to more worms feeding on him.

Freedom isn’t free.
Freedumb is pretty expensive too.

10 Likes

From what I’m told Duval County ( Jacksonville ) is about to give DeSantis the finger too.

10 Likes