Dershowitz Confusingly Describes Role | Talking Points Memo

Alan Dershowitz appears to have only muddied the waters in describing his role on President Trump’s legal team for the Senate impeachment trial during his appearance on cable news programs Sunday morning.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1285597

I do wonder, then, what Dershowitz would think is an impeachable offense. I hope he reveals that as well at some point. It would be illuminating, I’m sure.

54 Likes

Something plain, you know already in the criminal code…which didn’t exist when the Constitution was written…:roll_eyes:

22 Likes

there’s a lot here, so about this

"That’s a very important issue, and I will be making that argument as an advocate, not an expert witness,” Dershowitz said. “I am advocating against impeachment of this President based on the Constitutional criteria.”

He’s saying that he’s Turley.

18 Likes

I think Douche is probably just in it for such a time that he needs a pardon for, oh, I dunno, maybe the odd rape that happened within the statute of limitations.

22 Likes

Dershosh*ts did OJ then Epstein and then he lowers himself to defend Trump.

18 Likes

“My mandate is to present the constitutional argument,” Dershowitz said. “And if the constitutional argument succeeds, we don’t reach that issue, because you can’t charge a President with impeachable conduct if it doesn’t fit within the criteria for the Constitution.”

The problem with Dershowitz’s argument is that the Russian Constitution is currently in a state of flux.

31 Likes

Dershowitz made another appearance later Sunday morning on ABC News where he would reiterate that he’s “here as a constitutional lawyer,” but claimed that as a lawyer in this case, it is not his job to “present my personal views on what I think.”

12 Likes

Raping minors?

7 Likes

He’s got another OJ, all right …

Orange Jenius.

23 Likes

Dershowtz’s comments are pure bafflegab. Just “arrant nonsense” to coin a phrase.

35 Likes

Being a “liberal”. This is where the GOP and it’s voters are at. for the base “liberal” is a crime.

11 Likes

I think the inside of Dershowitz’s head these days is just bafflegab and arrant nonsense.

I think his entire brain is mostly taken up with one thing: Epstein O god Epstein…and everything else is a jumble.

50 Likes

A shunning on Martha’s Vineyard?

41 Likes

Not only is Dershowitz joining the cavalcade of Russian money recipients explaining that if you believe your own eyes or ears you are simply ignorant, but the hypocrisy stuns me. To put it in simple terms these Republicans and their cohort are liars hypocrites and even more than liars they are bearers of false witness. I wanted to say that because apparently they are aware that lying is not one of the ten commandments. We need the fourth estate to call bullshit and for a mixture of reasons that’s not going to happen.

15 Likes

Derpshowitz

19 Likes

Keep talking Dersch,
we need another ear worm like Rudy

but do check that zipper

8 Likes

OnLy hiGh crimEs. Not mister meanerS.

45 Likes

I’m disappointed that even a constitutional scholar uses improper language. Whether the conduct was “impeachable” is irrelevant. Trump is impeached and will remain so. He should be arguing whether the conduct merits removal from office.

63 Likes

Or, perhaps a shining on Martha’s Vineyard?

"E-par, e-par"

5 Likes