Dems To Introduce Biden’s Immigration Bill To Speed Up Pathway To Citizenship On Thursday

Rep. Linda Sánchez (D-CA) and Sen. Bob Menendez (D-NJ) on Thursday will introduce a sweeping immigration bill drawn up by President Joe Biden.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1360745

I like to go fast. Keep up.

9 Likes

Yep, get 'er done while the GQP is in disarray.

6 Likes

They screwed the Dems and I say get it done in whatever way you can. They did and we suffered, throw it back at them. Dems at this phase don’t need to play nice.

7 Likes

Anyone with a parka, snow shovel and firewood will automatically be allowed entry into the United States.

13 Likes

Biden’s acting like a 21st century world leader.

How refreshing.

5 Likes

And anyone without will be asked to leave?

3 Likes

Problem is, most Canadians can look over their southern border and nope that idea.

1 Like

Anyone without will WANT to leave.

3 Likes

They can stay at Ted’s place in Cancun : - )

6 Likes

In that case, would your proposed legislation create a certain amount of … mayhem at the border?

1 Like

No. All should be fine as long as Mexico does not build a wall.

2 Likes

Is eight years shorter then before? It was 7 in Canada but that changed in the eighties and now it’s 4 years.

2 Likes

Out of parkas. snow shovels, and firewood.

2 Likes

No, it’s still eight years.

2 Likes

Years ago I was in a long-distance relationship with someone in Miami. I flew down from Chicago’s Midway Airport for a weekend in winter, and a nasty snowstorm was blowing through the city on the return trip. About a third of the passengers were dressed in t-shirts, shorts and sandals. At that time, Midway had no jetways, and we all had to walk 25-30 yards to the terminal.

I’m pretty sure those people wished they hadn’t made the trip.

3 Likes

They will be referred to the former mayor of Colorado City, TX for advice.

5 Likes

“Advice”

You misspelled “abuse”.

2 Likes

Ah, Midway. Fond memories from the Bus Station of Airports.

3 Likes

This last little cold snap for Texas was pretty mild in a historical sense:

Historical records say that the lowest temperatures ever witnessed in Texas was -23 degrees Fahrenheit in February of 1899 and again in February of 1933. Later on in 1956, February again recorded the greatest amount of monthly snowfall for the Lone Star State, with 36 inches.

Being as Seminole, Texas is close to the NM border and further South than Dallas, I checked NM’s records. Officially, 50 below, unofficial record is 57 below. I don’t even think my area in Minnesta has gotten that cold. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available