Dems Stick By Cunningham In Senate Race Amid Revelation Of Sexually-Suggestive Texting | Talking Points Memo

The Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee said Saturday that it will continue to back Democrat Cal Cunningham for a critical Senate seat in the North Carolina race after the candidate admitted to exchanging sexually-suggestive texts with a strategist.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1336225

Not condoning the behavior at all, but it pales in comparison to SOP GOP behavior.

22 Likes

What’s f’ing idiot. This is (was?) a winnable seat.

14 Likes

gah - what is it with men?

21 Likes

Their little men…

5 Likes

We need the Senate to restore democracy in the USA and you can’t keep it in your pants. Fool.

Hope he wins! LOL

14 Likes

Will she continue to help him with his erec…, er, um, election?

3 Likes

His hanging Chad?

8 Likes

Stupid and Stupid. With that said, perhaps Democrats are finally learning not to be puritans and support flawed but viable candidates…Then there is this: WHY do adults who do f-n stupid things like this…always feel the need to SHARE…knowing it’s gonna make the news…Are horny people really this stupid…all.the.time?

13 Likes

What is it with women who go along with married men… Thing goes both ways.

14 Likes

Ron Johnson went so far as to hold hearings about the former Soviets he’s been in bed with.

16 Likes

Well. This man certainly had a lot more at stake in this than this woman. So it’s fair wonder how he could be such a fool.

16 Likes

they should both know better - but he’s the one running for office during a crucial election - it’s that damn John Edwards thing all over again

18 Likes

Consensual, but stupid.

However:
No payoffs to cover it up.
No illegal campaign contributions to make the payoff.
No illegal campaign contributions to make a payoff improperly laundered as deductible business expenses.
No thugs sent to threaten the woman involved.

Sure, it is a low bar, but it is a bar for smacking the forehead of every Trumpp-licker who wants to play moral scold.

33 Likes

In this election climate, what he did is akin to jay-walking.

12 Likes

Really? Really? What the fuck is wrong with people in the public eye who behave like nothing can touch them? I would expect behavior like this from someone like Larry “Wide Stance” Craig. But Cunningham? He is young enough and smart enough to know that nothing is anonymous anymore. I would not encourage him to drop out of the race because that would be a gift to the profoundly stupid and malicious Tillis. I would encourage Cunningham to get a damn clue and grow the fuck up.

17 Likes

We’re expecting Republicans or Republican leading voters in NC who are turned off by Trump’s bullshit to vote Dem because we are offering something different.
I don’t consider ceding the high ground to be a little thing or a misdemeanor. Not when you’re trying to win over moderates in NC.

8 Likes

Oh noes!!! Adults saying adult things about adult stuff they want to do with their adult selves!!! My virgin ears!!!

22 Likes

The [DSCC] said Saturday that it will continue to back

exchanging sexually-suggestive texts with a strategist

Stupid man, but I guess the thinking is that it’s nothing new in the US Senate.

5 Likes

And she’s the one working for him in his campaign… No points for either one, both should know better.

8 Likes