Dems Call For Santos To Resign As He Admits To ‘Embellishing’ Resume

My parents were Roman Catholic, so that makes me Italian.

18 Likes

Embellishing? That is what the press and Republicans call lying these days. Under Trump they called lying the truth and the lie itself an alternative “fact.” Baby steps, I guess, baby steps. We will get back to calling a lie, a lie someday.

9 Likes

He didn’t graduate from either of the colleges from which he claims to have graduated. He didn’t work at either of the firms at which he claims to have worked. He didn’t found and operate the charity he claims to have founded and operated. He doesn’t live where he says he lives. He was married to a woman while claiming to be living as an openly gay man. He didn’t lose four of his employees in the Pulse nightclub shooting, as he claimed. He’s not Jewish, as he claimed, and his grandparents are not Holocaust survivors. His denial of an arrest and pending charge in Brazil is false. He is now lying when he uses the word “embellishing”, when in fact he is “lying”–about everything. He will be welcomed with open arms by Kevin McCarthy, who is too stupid and craven to see anything but an “R” next to Santos’ name.

50 Likes

Matt Damon already played Santos in Minghella’s 1999 movie.

4 Likes

The race for speaker of the house, with the incoming slim republican majority, is so tight that Kevin McCarthy would gladly accept any member that will vote for him, including Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, or satan.

14 Likes

That “Jew-ish” thing is actually kind of ingenious. I’m now officially Danish, because I like to pet my neighbor’s Great Dane.

16 Likes

I hope I’m not the only TPMer who knows the title of film and has watched it a zillion times.

2 Likes

But he’s on an apology tour.

‘Did I embellish my résumé? Yes, I did,” he told City & State, a New York political publication. “And I’m sorry, and it shouldn’t be done. And words can’t express 100 percent how I feel, but I’m still the same guy. I’m not a fraud. I’m not a cartoon character. I’m not some mythical creature that was invented.”

6 Likes

If the tables were turned, the GOP would make the Dem Congressman-elect resign.

19 Likes

This guy isn’t as devious as “The Talented Mr. Ripley.” I was thinking “Catch Me If You Can.” It came out in 2002.

6 Likes

“he should be banned from taking the oath for Congress.”

Absolutely.

11 Likes

Nah, if he votes for McCarthy, as was mentioned above, he will get a seat on the Ethics Committee.

7 Likes

Qevin needs him for his nano-thin majority, so he’ll tolerate just about anything to keep it.

9 Likes

Al Franken resigned the Senate for goofing around on an airplane.

37 Likes

Dr. Hatmama, grandson of a Rabbi, and scion of a long line of East European Rabbis, grew up in a solid, secular Jewish family. But his mom was kind of limited in her ability to raise children, because, due to very serious infection of the Spanish Flu when she was 12, she became emotionally “frozen” as a pre-teen for life. Physically, she developed, Intellectually she grew. She was a bookkeeper, had three children, but read romance novels her entire life, dressed like a tomboy or awkward teenybopper, and required a lot of help to maintain a household. Dr. Hatmama always said the family housekeeper, childcare provider and cook was the real mother to the kids, and was the person who fed them, who they all went to or confided in, who loved them. She was a wonderful, caring, Black woman, who went home to her own family at night.

Can we say that Dr. Hatmama was “Black-ish?” No. I would not. It seems wrong, and insulting, to me. Bad joke. Tasteless and offensive. JMHO.

This Santos guy need to be taken down a whole lotta notches. He, like Kyle Rittenhouse, Madison Cawthorn, Kyrsten Sinema, etc., will not age well… 15 minutes of fame, and a lifetime of self-made pain.

32 Likes

Seems like Dems – and journalists! – should start calling for Santos to provide proof of citizenship.

(Republicans – and journalists! – were more than happy to demand as much from President Obama.)

Article I Section 2 of the Constitution requires a Representative to be a US citizen for at least 7 years.

Does Santos meet that qualification? Let’s find out…

(Kevin McCarthy’s jellyfish-like contortions in response to that question will be reward enough.)

51 Likes

Truly a sad day for the Dems.

18 Likes

@irasdad…“Let’s roll widdit!!

@HatmamaInspiring

8 Likes

“Pigs are dirty, but I will tell you something dirtier: Liars! Untruth always smells like rotten garbage!”
― Mehmet Murat ildan

4 Likes

Mr. Fox and Friends? He was the ringleader and enabled his friends in the plot to kidnap the governor.

Prisons do have cable television but they tend to use it as a behavioral tool, a carrot and stick approach. Do you chores and get some education then you can get some television time. Hopefully he gets little or none.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available