Democrats Remind Voters What Normal Looks Like

All I hafta do is remember that I am in a minority being a White guy in a mostly Hspanic neighborhood.

13 Likes

Me too. In '64 we had a popular Democrat running against an extremist, but gotta say Trump makes Goldwater look like a fairly normal conservative choirboy

12 Likes

In a night filled with great speakers, one after another, I want to give a shout out to a speaker I’ve not seen mentioned here. Steve Kerr.

It was a great idea to invite him and as a sports celebrity it took some courage for him to accept. He made it clear that the nature of this election actually left him no choice.

With his celebrity as the coach of gold medal winning USA men’s basketball coach, and as a former Chicago Bull player it had to be a real kick in the teeth to the manly maga men seeing him up there on the convention stage.

Glad to here him crediting both the way the men’s team pulled together to win gold but also crediting the women’s team for doing the same. The chants of USA!, USA!, USA! from convention attendees were resounding and inspiring.

Kudos for convention organizers for his invitation to speak and kudos to Kerr for accepting the offer.

42 Likes

Let us support our beliefs until the fight is over. I agree with you, but per Yogi, “It isn’t over till it’s over.”

15 Likes

So many highlights from last night Raphael Warnock was one of my favorites.

21 Likes

How refreshing not to have to listen to a bunch of whiners, telling us how bad everything is.

28 Likes

Embedded in our culture is a sixth sense that brown attire connotes sincerity. Good choice, and even the unimportant is important right now.

2 Likes

I can’t wait for the fashion queens at the New York Times and Washington Post to tell us how much they hate Kamala’s brown suit.

I liked it. She looks good in Brown.

9 Likes

I was hoping for Mark Kelly, but Tim Walz was an excellent choice. He is the genuine article, a true Midwestern all American who can appeal so broadly on a basic level. He reminds us of the things many of us held in common before Trump. Small towns, Friday night lights in the high school gym, the great outdoors, barbecue…also teamwork and working for the common good- things that I love and I think many of us miss having them in common. Trump and Vance conjure none of that.

28 Likes

Indeed! And, oh, to be a fly on the wall as Trump watched, seething with envy. Just think what he’ll be like by October …

8 Likes

Me too. This is what my neighborhood in Queens looks like. I’m in one of the blue enclaves near the top of the map.

ETA: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez will be our Representative again after the district was re-redrawn.

6 Likes

Harris can definitely win, but there is no universe where she wins in a landslide akin to 1964.

Furthermore, she can win but only if democrats work their asses off.

19 Likes

Like x 10 bazillion

10 Likes

Whiny ass little boyz

7 Likes

What about the part where Joe took back the Presidential nomination by force in a bloody battle just like God predicted.

22 Likes

Tucson, last info I had, is about 45% Hispanic. Not surprising in that the city is about 50 miles north of the border.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t have picked Walz either but the moment I saw the State Fair ad with his daughter Hope, I knew. This guy is the real deal. He is exactly what America needs after a lifetime of Yale and Harvard law graduates. A real contrast to Vance who is as Ivy League phony as they come.

30 Likes

About Kamala’s brown suit…

30 Likes

I have friends here who can say of their families, “We didn’t cross the border. The border crossed us.”

14 Likes

I am falling in love with Tim Walz, along with everyone else. What a fabulous team!

19 Likes