Dem Rep Backs Off Censuring Greene After Overdue Apology For Holocaust Comments | Talking Points Memo

I don’t disagree that racism is a large part of the appeal. But I think you are underestimating the extent to which the “strongman” / “warrior” mindset is important on the right. To an extent, obviously, they are mutually reinforcing.

My point is that, even if they don’t take her apology seriously, the fact that she was forced to apologize (even disingenuously) means, in their mind, that she lost. That she is weak in a world that demands strength.

8 Likes

It’s been said by many historians that if it wasn’t for American Jim Crow and the late 19th century eugenics movement the Nazis would of had far less to use and weaponize on their population. They were even big fanboys of Gone with the wind.

6 Likes

Meh. The less oxygen we give this harpy, the better.

6 Likes

And here is confirmation of everything we suspected about Manchin:

Joe Manchin Call With Billionaire Donors Offers Rare Glimpse of Dealmaking (theintercept.com)

Can’t say I’m surprised, but now there’s no hope of any Biden agenda getting through. We’ve now followed the money.

2 Likes

So now she’ll be emboldened to grunt even less intelligent utterances knowing that she can walk them back with impunity after they’ve done as much damage as possible.

Do not play nicely with stupid, ugly troll doll cosplayers from Georgia.

2 Likes

Because we have a long tradition of bringing crustless cucumber sandwiches to gunfights. Would you like a spot of tea?

3 Likes

…Greene said. “And there are words that I have said, remarks that I have made, that I know are offensive, and for that, I want to apologize.” –emphasis added

Note the distinct absence of the word “now” in the highlighted statement. If she knew they were offensive, I guess she’s apologizing for saying them out loud? Clearly she isn’t “sorry” in any way.

1 Like

Silly. He should have kept on pushing censure. Put the members of the House on record for all to see. This stinks of an “agreement” of an insincere apology ( and very late ) from Greene and backing off censure in order to keep faces clean.

Until Democrats learn how to act they’ll be nothing of value.

1 Like

You can’t believe the idiot wrote those words. She struggles with English. That apology was ghosted.

3 Likes

I guess her high school trip to Auschwitz didn’t leave much of an impression.

1 Like

Fortunately she’s so fucking dumb we won’t be dragged into a “critical race theory” trope by her. Can you imagine Greene trying to define that abstruse topic?

2 Likes

“We need names and answers about the FBI operatives, who were involved in organizing and carrying out the Jan 6th Capitol riot,” Greene tweeted Wednesday. “First they had a ‘back up plan’ to stop Trump in Russia Collusion witch hunt, now we are finding out they were deeply involved in Jan 6th. Deep State.”

2 Likes

hahahahahahahahahahaha So far none of her colleagues have been successful at that endeavor, so I imagine her attempt would be interesting.

1 Like

Wimp!

Jewish people ‘n’ stuff.

I heard all green people are to be planted in nice field

Can we censure her for wasting everyone’s time with meaningless press conferences and bills introduced solely for trolling ?

1 Like

I think it’s great that a 47-year-old woman who has apparently never heard of the Holocaust has finally learned what it is…

Extremely damning of the school system she attended tho.

1 Like

That was Lord Jeffrey Amherst, namesake of numerous New England towns, committed prior to his great victory at Montreal.

2 Likes

Ahem.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available