Dem North Carolina Guv Calls Out Far-Right Lt Guv Over Assault Weapons Threat

North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper (D) slammed his Lieutenant Gov. Mark Robinson (R) on Monday morning after the latter threatened to use his assault weapons against the government.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1417289
1 Like

A great many North Carolinians proudly stand with Mark Robinson.

'Nuff said.

2 Likes

Somewhere in the bowels of Congress Maddie CaCa is blushing.

5 Likes

Wow. What an asshole.

15 Likes

Thatā€™s why a % of em voted for Cooper.

4 Likes

The far-right lieutenant governor made the threat during a sermon at MidPoint Church on May 15, per the Charlotte Observer, as he was bragging about owning AR-15s.

ā€œI got them AR-15s in case the government gets too big for its britches,ā€ Robinson declared. ā€œā€˜Cause Iā€™m gonna fill the backside of those britches with some lead.ā€

But itā€™s that there Islam that is a violent cultā€¦

33 Likes

ā€œI got them AR-15s in case the government gets too big for its britches,ā€ Robinson declared. ā€œā€˜Cause Iā€™m gonna fill the backside of those britches with some lead.ā€

Iā€™m always asking who these gun-sniffing yahoos intend to shoot to take care of ā€œtyranny.ā€ I guess now we know. Theyā€™re gonna shoot a metaphor. Hope they have really good scopes.

25 Likes

If time is really hanging heavy on your handsā€”youā€™re in prison, sayā€”go to Wikipedia and see other of his interesting views. :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

The cops and soldiers that they pretend to love so much.

10 Likes

In my head, Iā€™m hearing the old Citibank jingle from here in NY areaā€¦ :musical_note:ā€œThe city never sleepsā€¦CITIIIBANK!ā€ :musical_note: modified to say. :musical_note:ā€œThe stupidity never sleepsā€¦Conserrrrvative assholes!ā€ :musical_note:

4 Likes

So he made this threat of violence during a sermon. Covers all the fascist bases, I guess, Jesus, Violence, Guns and Fake Patriotism. how very republican of him.

21 Likes

Robinsonā€™s statements are exactly the type of ā€œred flagā€ warnings that should result in confiscation of his weapons.

37 Likes

How will they know which cops are coming to take their guns away vs. the ones they fly that dumbass ā€œblue lineā€ flag for? They are gonna have some serious cognitive dissonance going. Granted, they arenā€™t bright enough to be affected by that, but it still seems problematic.

7 Likes

Every time an elected Federal or State office holder does or says something truly reprehensible or stupid people need to remind themselves behind that idiocy are many, many people that put that person in office.

9 Likes

ā€¦ ā€¦ ā€¦ ā€¦ ā€¦
This comes up against Article 3 Section 3 of the document Robinson swore to uphold. He should be thoroughly investigated for this comment.

As I have posted before on other threadsā€¦ thereā€™s no reason a civilian ā€œNeedsā€ an AR-15. They were made for the military, not civilians.

22 Likes

Therein lies the danger to the American people

4 Likes

4 Likes

In ten years weā€™ll all look back fondly on these times as an era of comity and stability in our domestic relations with each other.

2 Likes

My computer misfired and changed the thread on meā€¦

Seems to be the case, dunnit?
I would think that instead of exchanging tweets the governor should have a sit down discussion with his Lt Gov so that ā€œattitudes could be clarifiedā€.

2 Likes

Sheesh, and I thought I was cynical.

5 Likes