Dem Guvs Jump At Chance To Counter DeSantis’ Ban On African American Studies

Some colleges also give grades and not just credit for high scores on AP exams. I started college with 30 credit hours, 16 of them A credit from scoring 5’s on AP exams. That was my only 4.0 “semester”… it definitely helped my college GPA. It was also a few decades ago, so not sure if that is still common.

6 Likes

Yikes. Looks like Bugs just “Bobbitted” Florida.

2 Likes

Maybe it isnt pandering so much as belief.

DeSantis needs to prove to the ignorant that he’s more anti-woke than Governor Fleece Vest of Virginia – who is having his own education “issue” right now to stir up the rubes – something to do with “commendation letters” for students who WEREN’T named National Merit Semifinalists.

1 Like

Both Dukakis and Quayle run circles around DiSantis in the personality department. Neither can lay claim to the misanthropic snarl that is his trademark.

3 Likes

Here in WA there is no GPA weighting for AP classes, but schools do AP weighting to determine valedictorians and other class honors. So the kid with a 4.0 who took 15 AP classes gets ranked ahead of the kid with a 4.0 who only took 8 AP classes for class honors. Otherwise at a big school you might end up with 25 co-valedictorians. My daughter’s only blemish on her otherwise perfect 4.0 GPA was one A- she got in math during the start of COVID when schools closed and her grades were frozen in place. That dropped her to a class rank of about 45th out of 550 and she had 9 AP classes. I have no idea how many kids there were with perfect 4.0 GPAs. You gotta have some way to pick who is the valedictorian to give the speech at graduation.

OT:

11 Likes

Two Americas

13 Likes

If this were not kabuki, the College Board people would simply cancel all AP tests in the state.

4 Likes

Yes, I see, there is some similarity there …

1 Like

Well obviously, but white students are being treated as a protected class here, as if learning what took place in this country’s past is more painful for them than those children whose ancestors suffered under racist domination and exploitation.

2 Likes

"you’ve got politicians that are banning not assault rifles, but the word ‘Latinx’.”

Democrats have better priorities.

can I just say how ELATED I am to have moved recently from Florida to Illinois???

1 Like

Loyola Chicago, 25k/yr, science.

2 Likes

Wonderful. Congratulations!

1 Like

It was all her, but thanks. I’m very proud of her.

1 Like

Sounds like we’re both lucky, proud dads.

Tell me more.

My daughter graduates HS this spring and is applying at various colleges - so far batting a thousand. Like you say - it’s all her. I’m super impressed and wonder how the hell I ever transitioned into an adult. The kids are alright.

3 Likes

They obviously didn’t. Heh.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available