Defense Secretary Mark Esper ‘Has Been Terminated,’ Trump Says In Tweet | Talking Points Memo

President Donald Trump announced Monday that he had “terminated” Defense Secretary Mark Esper.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1343743
1 Like

Stay Classy, donnie

I guess you could say the “Acting” President has named an Actin SecDef.

42 Likes

A few more moves like this and I may start to question Trump’s mental stability.

59 Likes

The Monday massacre has commenced?

Better start lining up the TrumpTrailers outside the Oval Trailer.

It’s gonna be a bigly body count…

27 Likes

First of many…

19 Likes

And he’s always been a pretty crappy actor.

31 Likes

“Mark Esper has been terminated. I would like to thank him for his service. But I won’t.”

Again, this jackass acts like he’s fired someone, when Esper had already offered his resignation, days ago.

The man never tells the truth about anything.

17 Likes

Maybe he’ll fire everybody who voted for Biden! Then he’ll be all-time supreme winner!

11 Likes

So who are we going to war with on Thursday? Iran? Mexico? Pennsylvania?

34 Likes

Fired man fires man?

32 Likes

Will there be anyone left to help the transition team when they get the letter? Or will one of them bring in Mrs. O’Leary’s cow to kick over the lantern and burn down the WH just to make the transition even more challanging?

11 Likes

Trump may be surprised to find that retired Army Officers may not be amenable to violating the law, either.

So he’s still not going to get the blood on the streets that he wants.

https://www.defense.gov/Our-Story/Biographies/Biography/Article/2111192/christopher-c-miller/

40 Likes

Who cares? Shuffling deck chairs on the Trumptanic.

22 Likes

“Terminated?” Talk about rampant projection…

12 Likes

I understood Esper had written a letter in preparation for being asked to resign, BUT donnie wouldn’t let him do that. He wanted to “terminate” him. It makes donnie feel better.

31 Likes

Well he would have resigned in January anyway.

Hope it made you feel better for 5 seconds you big orange baby.

40 Likes

It’ll probably be like with Mattis, that the real story is Esper resigned. Trump can’t stop someone from resigning.

24 Likes

I am so looking forward to the day when the United States will no longer be administered from Twitter.

49 Likes

Thus doing Esper a huge favor.
Being a Trump Nemesis right now is a decent career move. I know somebody who knows Esper, and he says that he will likely rejoin the Mil/Ind Complex (former Raytheon lobbyist) in some capacity and do just fine. •••••• ps: the enemy of your enemy is not necessarily your new friend.

20 Likes

Still waiting for him to begin devouring his own young. Captain Queeg on a bad day.
Fun to watch though.

7 Likes