DCCC Leadership Sees Mass Exodus Over Lack Of Diversity

Five more top Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee top officials resigned from their posts Monday amid ongoing criticism about the lack of diversity in the upper ranks of the Democratic campaign arm, Politico reported.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1238853
1 Like

10 Likes

When there’s that much turnover right below the top, usually the top is where the replacement is needed…

32 Likes

HAZMAT clean-up in Aisle 5!! White persons explosion, proceed with caution!!

13 Likes

It gets more and more curious by the hour…

6 Likes

It’s about diversity. The longer the scandal goes on, diverse it gets.

14 Likes

So these people bailed rather than helped to fix the problem?

Not the kind of people I would want in my organization.

There won’t be enough time to get people in to the fray and functional, so all that tribal knowledge is lost. This isn’t good.

3 Likes

I’ve left corporations that were so damned corrupt, incompetent and aimless to the core I knew no amount of effort or teamwork with others was going to pull it back from the brink.

25 Likes

This doesn’t add up.

I’ll be watching for the ‘real’ revelations.

7 Likes

My guess is that the Bustos’s continued adamant support for Dan Lipinski has something to do with it…

13 Likes

I’m not sure what the background is on this. I mean, what exactly does lack of diversity mean when three of the five that left were women - can’t speak to ethnicity.

So what exactly are we saying about lack of diversity? And was this a battle that could have been better fought a year ago? It didn’t just change last week, did it?

I’d like a little more of the background to this. Sounds more spiteful than anything, based on the little we know.

12 Likes

i don’t blame em for leaving, cause if their employers have a problem, then it’s going to be hard to work there.

the upcoming 2021 autopsy is going to be an interesting read.

7 Likes

Way to go, Democrats! You continue to prove your talent for organizing circular firing squads.

2 Likes

cats|nullxnull

12 Likes

Oh, FFS. Again.

Turning out to be a FFS day. Hope there’s not a lot more.

4 Likes

Not again, it’s constant, FFS.

7 Likes

Sadly, I think you are right…

2 Likes

2 Likes

I know I’ll get nailed for this but…what does a ‘lack of diversity’ consist of? NO people of color at the top? Only 1 or 2? How about a white person being the very top? Is that a lack? I’ve been noticing the purity testing on many of the MSNBC cable shows. I have been a loyal democrat for decades and yes, I’m white. I’ve also worked in IT for decades which is one of the more colorblind careers (yes, yes, I know, people of color did not get the education to pursue this path as much as me but that’s another discussion). If you are not a person of color you are ‘whiny’ or ‘privileged’ or damn if you’re a ‘married, white female’ you obviously love Trump and should never be allowed to speak. Out here in the PNW those same women are the backbone of the Democrat party…OK…go for it.

11 Likes

Like I have written many times, the Democratic Party is full of racism, it just hides it better than the racist Republican Party.

This is just another example.

Pelosi’s DCCCC blacklisting of consultants giving assistance to primary challengers to Democratic House Incumbents is another example of stifling diversity and keeping the House old, white, and male.

Candidate suppression is as bad as voter suppression.

10 Likes