Dancers At LA Topless Bar Unionize, Joining Servers And Baristas In New Labor Movement

The down side of topless dancing is becoming headless.

November 24, 1983, San Francisco (where else?). “Entangled”, such a polite word to describe what was going on.

“The assistant manager of The Condor nightclub was crushed to death early yesterday when an elevator piano accidentally rose to the ceiling while he was entangled atop it with a young woman,” the story read.

“James (Jimmy the Beard) Ferrozzo, 40, a longtime employee of the North Beach topless club, was caught between the spangled piano and the ceiling while he was lying partially on top of his 23-year-old girlfriend, Theresa Hill, police said.”

“The accident on the piano happened between 4 and 6 a.m. yesterday. Angel Vicente, the club’s janitor, found the couple pinned between the piano and the ceiling 15 feet off the ground at 7:30 a.m., police said.”

3 Likes

Hung up on buttholes this morning.

I swear I’m not uncle.

It’s very heartening to see young workers embracing labor organization. Power is the only thing organized money respects. If you want a fair shake, you need a union. It’s that simple.

1 Like

class struggle :handshake: class entertainment

1 Like

Thanks for staying on top of this.

1 Like

I love unions and boobs. This story hits my sweet spot.

1 Like

Ernie was a bombardier in WW2.

1 Like

One of my last and best memories of my father was watching the nightly news–Nixon gave speech at AFL-CIO convention and then, doing his best to seem spontaneous and human, waded into the crowd to shake hands with delegates.

After (maybe) 20 seconds Meany banged his gavel and snarled ‘The meeting will come to order’.
My father broke up laughing watching Meany jerk Nixon’s chain.

2 Likes

Put Nixon’s venality and corruptibility aside and he was some stiff.
He gave nerds a bad name.

1 Like

The term ‘comfortable in his own skin’ is not the first thing I’d think of .

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available