Cuomo Questions Motives Of Dems Seeking Resignation, Decries ‘Cancel Culture’ | Talking Points Memo

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) was defiant Friday: Politicians asking for his resignation based on multiple allegations of sexual harassment were acting based on “opinions.” 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1364727

Better headline.

Guy who fucked around hates finding out

12 Likes

I think he deserves his due process over the harassment claims. But using the term “cancel culture”? Fuck him. That’s a wingnut trope. An in vogue platitude used by the political right in America as a defense from being called down for their bullshit.

25 Likes

Using the bullshit phrase “cancel culture” tells me everything I need to know.

21 Likes

“Cancel culture”

Well, looks like that phrase is going to be saddled around our necks forever. Awesome.

13 Likes

You beat me to it

2 Likes

Me too!

15 Likes

I see what you did there.

18 Likes

Soon, he’ll have a guest shot on Tucker Carlson with Glenn Greenwald as a co-panelist.

17 Likes

Desperate people do (and say) desperate things.

3 Likes

I’m still in observation collection mode on this. But thus far, my hypothesis is that he’s going to ride this bomb out to the bitter end. The one thing that hasn’t occurred yet, but might, is Joe Biden’s telling him he should give it up and resign.

9 Likes

Andy: “it is better to remain silent and be thought a groper than to talk and remove all doubt.”

Mark Twain (sorta)

6 Likes

In other words, many more shoes out there still to drop.

16 Likes

“He and Trump are now both members of “Gropo Harangue”. Yes?

11 Likes

Ouch, but LOL…

6 Likes

I am a lifelong Democrat and a strong proponent of women’s rights!

I am also not a Cuomo fan and view him to be a lot more Republican (DINO) than a real Democrat. I think he’s a pig.

However, I am tired of Democrats attacking our own and holding our own to different standards than their Republican adversaries.

AOC is great - she’s a progressive like myself. However, she needs to back off on this call for Cuomo to resign. Let due process and voters to hold Cuomo accountable OR even the NY assembly to hold impeachment hearings.

I think back to Democrats quickly turning against Al Franken and prematurely calling for him to resign. We now know that Franken should NOT have resigned! With Cuomo, allow due process to be completed.

13 Likes

What’s his relationship with the Albany Police Dept. like?

3 Likes

Isn’t Albany pretty much one big mafia family in general?

So by next week, he should have allegations from other aides and anonymous witnesses that all the pretty young ladies around the place were trying to get into his pants, and he’s just the victim here.

6 Likes

“The people of New York should not have confidence in a politician who takes a position without knowing any facts or substance. That, my friends, is politics at its worst.”

4 Likes

“The last allegation is not true,” he said. “I have not had a sexual relationship that is inappropriate, period.”

bookmarking

11 Likes