Cuomo Calls Mom On Air | Talking Points Memo

CNN host Chris Cuomo’s attempt at debunking President Trump’s impeachment defense didn’t go as planned.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1264417

CNN has a deep bench of idiots, but this guy is really taking the lead.

8 Likes

I guess they don’t believe in rehearsal at CNN? Either that, or his mom’s not a big fan.

2 Likes

IF THE SOUND DOES REACH YOU MUST IMPEACH!

(A trial run would have been helpful.)

4 Likes

Bad theater.

1 Like

Never do an experiment on live TV unless you’ve practiced and perfected it.

And never use your mother (unless you’re Letterman).

5 Likes

All Cuomo’s experiment proved is that his mom is not a self-important loudmouth. So, good for her.

2 Likes

He should have instead called some Trump-connected number that had Trump promoting one scam or another, be it his university, wine or campaign. Should have been more than loud enough to hear without being on speakerphone. Impeach Chris Cuomo! Fake debunking! So sad.

2 Likes

Chris Cuomo: another fine example of nepotism elevating morons beyond their capabilities. He and the Trump kids should start a club.

4 Likes

OMFG I can’t fucking take this shit. THIS is what the MSM thinks is fucking important? Debunking Trump’s nonsense defenses from his Twitter feed? How long was this galactic self-own of a segment? 2, 3, 5 minutes of nonsense when he could otherwise have been informing people? This is why we fail.

3 Likes

Mrs. Cuomo is likely of an age advanced enough that substantial hearing loss would have set in.

1 Like

Dana Bash has that “just kill me now” expression.

3 Likes

Letterman would have killed this bit back in the day, especially if his mom couldn’t hear him. Just more proof that CNN is in the entertainment industry. If people want facts, they’d be reading TPM, not watching millionaire actors paid by billionaires to dumb down the news. Nothing but a distraction.

5 Likes

" Chris Cuomo Epically Fails Attempt To Debunk Trump Impeachment Defense"

“Holmes’ Testimony Now Rendered Useless and Not Credible”

FIFY

1 Like

" Mom, can you take the cigarette out of your mouth and stop giving your client a handjob for 2 minutes while I talk to you? - We’re on TV for God’s sake!"

1 Like

I remember 60 minutes getting raked over the coals in the 90’s when they interviewed Pat Buchanan’s mother for a profile of him. Buchanan went on all the talk shows angrily saying how dare they bother his poor sweet old mother … too bad the interview that finally aired showed a chain-smoking tough old broad who was more than willing to call out the reporter.

1 Like

If you do it that way, you first hire an actress to play the mother and be waiting for the call.

I would say the same for some TPM reporters, (here’s looking at you @summerconcepcion) who think this crap is newsworthy.

@sniffit Fuckin’ A.

2 Likes

Actually, this is the vindication Trump has been waiting for. Game over, Dems!

You sure it was Buchanan? Wasn’t it Gingrich or another ankle-biter?

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available